Login

Core4

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Core4

Postby dpclarkson » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:26 am

No crashes here yet; 10.6.8, 8 Core (late 2007) with Studio One 2.5, 64 bit.
Automap versions seem to wrap just fine (multiple vst copies!)
dpclarkson

Postby greekpeet » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:54 am

10.6.8, 8 core 1.1 Macpro, Ableton 8.4.1 - 64bit solid as a rock over here.

Not sure if this makes sense but the overall responsiveness with this release 'feels' right. Programs load super fast with Zabs NebSetup, much faster than .3.502.

Also confirm that NebSetups creates 64bit Nebula instances even with the 'create 32bit VST'. Tripple checked to see if I was crazy but nope, made sure and noticed jBridge never launching.

Super duper nice to run pure 64bit with the extra ram in my box.

Best version for the Mac I've used, and I've been using it since the beta days on Mac.

Curious of a time table with the GUI based Neb VSTs will get ported to 64bits.
greekpeet
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby giancarlo » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:51 am

tokomiko wrote:I updated to the latest 1.3.600 x64 server and here are the results in my system: Win7 64, Reaper 64.

The installer creates a new folder called "Acustica64". Inside this folder there are the new dll's with the shorter names Nebula3 and Nebula3 Reverb with their corresponding xml's Both xml's are blank documents. These new short named dll's inmediatelly crash Reaper.

On the other hand, the installer also updates the pre-existing Acustica folder with new versions of the dll's and xml's. The old names "Nebula3CoreII64 ...", are preserved. So far, these updated versions open without problems in Reaper . The master page show these versions as 1.3.600 core4x64. It maybe also worth noting that these appear in the fx insert slots in Reaper with the shorter names Nebula3 and Nebula3 Reverb.

just install upgrade nebula3 pro before upgrade server, as usually. Antonello is working on a new smart installer
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:56 am

dwagrimm wrote:
richie43 wrote:Not to be the spoil-sport here at the release party, but after many instals and re-instals, I have reverted back to version 1.3.505 Server. I have had worse performance and random crashes in Reaper 64bit on my COre2 Quad. I know that my computer is 4 years old and not the modern "nuclear" i7, but it is a workhorse and has been unusually stable and robust until this version. I am guessing that it is a specific incompatibility with something as trivial as my Intel on-board graphics card, which has never been a real issue, but I have run into some vst graphics problems with plugins using OpenGL, for instance. I have only seen a few people with problems similar to mine, so I bet that this update is great for many of you. I may not be able to enjoy it until I update my computer, unfortunately. I hope that I am one of the few who face this problem as many devs will be migrating their libraries (at least the new releases) to work only on the newest Nebula and beyond..... I am just putting out a "heads up" to anyone with a similar hardware configuration to mine.

...same here. crashes, crashes, crashes... useless.
no idea why. 3 hours trouble-shooting. no solution. no longer time for trouble-shooting. back to 505.

Nebula Server version on Studio One Pro v2 - 64 Bit

could you test quickly if nebula 3 pro is crashing? just upgrade to nebula 3 pro for a little while
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby tokomiko » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:56 am

giancarlo wrote:
tokomiko wrote:I updated to the latest 1.3.600 x64 server and here are the results in my system: Win7 64, Reaper 64.

The installer creates a new folder called "Acustica64". Inside this folder there are the new dll's with the shorter names Nebula3 and Nebula3 Reverb with their corresponding xml's Both xml's are blank documents. These new short named dll's inmediatelly crash Reaper.

On the other hand, the installer also updates the pre-existing Acustica folder with new versions of the dll's and xml's. The old names "Nebula3CoreII64 ...", are preserved. So far, these updated versions open without problems in Reaper . The master page show these versions as 1.3.600 core4x64. It maybe also worth noting that these appear in the fx insert slots in Reaper with the shorter names Nebula3 and Nebula3 Reverb.

just install upgrade nebula3 pro before upgrade server, as usually. Antonello is working on a new smart installer

Giancarlo I did as you suggested but got exactly the same results as before. Some testing seems to show (for the updated versions in the pre-existing Acustica folder, not the new ones in Acustica64) the expected improvements, especially a fastest scanning and loading. So far I don't have any reliability issues in my i7 950 system. It looks like in my case the installer is a bit messed up but the actual updated dll's are working OK.
tokomiko
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby dwagrimm » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:22 pm

giancarlo wrote:
dwagrimm wrote:
richie43 wrote:Not to be the spoil-sport here at the release party, but after many instals and re-instals, I have reverted back to version 1.3.505 Server. I have had worse performance and random crashes in Reaper 64bit on my COre2 Quad. I know that my computer is 4 years old and not the modern "nuclear" i7, but it is a workhorse and has been unusually stable and robust until this version. I am guessing that it is a specific incompatibility with something as trivial as my Intel on-board graphics card, which has never been a real issue, but I have run into some vst graphics problems with plugins using OpenGL, for instance. I have only seen a few people with problems similar to mine, so I bet that this update is great for many of you. I may not be able to enjoy it until I update my computer, unfortunately. I hope that I am one of the few who face this problem as many devs will be migrating their libraries (at least the new releases) to work only on the newest Nebula and beyond..... I am just putting out a "heads up" to anyone with a similar hardware configuration to mine.

...same here. crashes, crashes, crashes... useless.
no idea why. 3 hours trouble-shooting. no solution. no longer time for trouble-shooting. back to 505.

Nebula Server version on Studio One Pro v2 - 64 Bit

could you test quickly if nebula 3 pro is crashing? just upgrade to nebula 3 pro for a little while

I have a short question before. what´s best use, latest nebula pro 3 setup installer or latest nebula pro 3 upgrade installer and later the latest nebula server installer? 3 different installer are confusing me. and it`s best to deinstall now everything before? sorry for the question but I dont have enough time to test all the possibilities. it´s not the best moment with troubleshooting for me.
dwagrimm
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby Andrums » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:53 pm

Crashes...
Tested nebula 3 pro and nebula 3 server 1.3.600
Windows 8 64 bit
Reaper 64bit and Vienna Ens pro 64bit
Back to 1.3.505
Andrums

Postby enriquesilveti » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:16 pm

Andrums wrote:Crashes...
Tested nebula 3 pro and nebula 3 server 1.3.600
Windows 8 64 bit
Reaper 64bit and Vienna Ens pro 64bit
Back to 1.3.505

Nebula crash or Nebula crash the VST host (Reaper/VE)?
Reaper/VE both last version?
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby Andrums » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:12 pm

Nebula crash the VST host
Reaper v.4.52
Vienna Ens pro 5.1.12684
Andrums

Postby giancarlo » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:01 pm

ok we'll release a new version as soon as we find the bug. If you don't experience bugs stick with the newer version since library developers will release things only for 1.3.600 or later.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula