Login

Core4

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Core4

Postby richie43 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:51 pm

Not to be the spoil-sport here at the release party, but after many instals and re-instals, I have reverted back to version 1.3.505 Server. I have had worse performance and random crashes in Reaper 64bit on my COre2 Quad. I know that my computer is 4 years old and not the modern "nuclear" i7, but it is a workhorse and has been unusually stable and robust until this version. I am guessing that it is a specific incompatibility with something as trivial as my Intel on-board graphics card, which has never been a real issue, but I have run into some vst graphics problems with plugins using OpenGL, for instance. I have only seen a few people with problems similar to mine, so I bet that this update is great for many of you. I may not be able to enjoy it until I update my computer, unfortunately. I hope that I am one of the few who face this problem as many devs will be migrating their libraries (at least the new releases) to work only on the newest Nebula and beyond..... I am just putting out a "heads up" to anyone with a similar hardware configuration to mine.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:43 pm

here 1.3.600 is working pretty well. I can't exclude bugs on particular systems and we are still hunting them. There is no os, plugin or music application completely bug free. For sure you need 1.3.600 for new releases, and they are pretty awesome (something really cool from alex b is on the path)
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:53 pm

meloco wrote:Is that only MacOSx release?
What are the differences in performance between CoreIII and Core4 (in case of NebulaPro)?

at the moment we migrated things in the following way

Nebula3 and Nebula2 (both windows only) are still featuring CoreI

Nebula3 pro (both windows and mac osx) based on old CoreII were migrated to Core4L. They are still based on old vst gui 3, but the engine is pretty new (better multithreading for example). There is no optimization on ram usage like in old Core3. This is a feature of server release (you need an hidden server component in order to accomplish that)

Nebula3 server (both windows and mac osx) based on old Core3 were migrated to Core4.

-----------------------------------
On windows side there was a naming clash. Nebula3CoreII was an ugly name, and obviously we can't use this name for our 64 bits products any more.

So the installer creates two folders, acustica for 32 bits plugins and acustica64 for 64 bits plugins. Nebula is named in the same way in both releases, so "Nebula3" and "Nebula3 Reverb".
In order to make things easier we are still upgrading a "NebulaCoreII" dll but I'm not sure we'll do it for a long time. I suggest to use "Nebula3" in new songs, not "Nebula3CoreII".

The same happens on mac osx side. Obviously if your host is supporting a single "nebula" name in you plugin list, the 64 bits version will hide the 32 bits one (for example in reaper, if you install both versions you see only the 64 bits one).
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby richie43 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:44 pm

Regarding the 2 folders: I installed the 64bit Server version, and it indeed made the 2 folders. But I loaded all of them into Reaper and they were all 64bit, there were no hidden 32bit Nebulas from that installer.... What's up with that?
As I was beta testing, I noticed that the "1.2.510" version was still Core3, but it ran the new libraries. If I am still having these crashing issues, can I use 1.3.510 for the new upcoming releases?? Or am I truly going to be left behind until I upgrade my computer?
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:15 am

I explained it in the previous post... reaper gives a priority and hides the 32 bits version with the same name
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby dwagrimm » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:17 am

richie43 wrote:Not to be the spoil-sport here at the release party, but after many instals and re-instals, I have reverted back to version 1.3.505 Server. I have had worse performance and random crashes in Reaper 64bit on my COre2 Quad. I know that my computer is 4 years old and not the modern "nuclear" i7, but it is a workhorse and has been unusually stable and robust until this version. I am guessing that it is a specific incompatibility with something as trivial as my Intel on-board graphics card, which has never been a real issue, but I have run into some vst graphics problems with plugins using OpenGL, for instance. I have only seen a few people with problems similar to mine, so I bet that this update is great for many of you. I may not be able to enjoy it until I update my computer, unfortunately. I hope that I am one of the few who face this problem as many devs will be migrating their libraries (at least the new releases) to work only on the newest Nebula and beyond..... I am just putting out a "heads up" to anyone with a similar hardware configuration to mine.

...same here. crashes, crashes, crashes... useless.
no idea why. 3 hours trouble-shooting. no solution. no longer time for trouble-shooting. back to 505.

Nebula Server version on Studio One Pro v2 - 64 Bit
dwagrimm
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby enriquesilveti » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:13 am

dwagrimm wrote:...same here. crashes, crashes, crashes... useless.
no idea why. 3 hours trouble-shooting. no solution. no longer time for trouble-shooting. back to 505.

PC or MAC? OS version please. S1v2 version please.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby dwagrimm » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:49 pm

enriquesilveti wrote:
dwagrimm wrote:...same here. crashes, crashes, crashes... useless.

PC or MAC? OS version please. S1v2 version please.

Hi Enrique,

it´s on PC. Win 8 Professional and S1v2.6 (latest).
Thanks and sorry for the missing information.
dwagrimm
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby tokomiko » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:16 pm

I updated to the latest 1.3.600 x64 server and here are the results in my system: Win7 64, Reaper 64.

The installer creates a new folder called "Acustica64". Inside this folder there are the new dll's with the shorter names Nebula3 and Nebula3 Reverb with their corresponding xml's Both xml's are blank documents. These new short named dll's inmediatelly crash Reaper.

On the other hand, the installer also updates the pre-existing Acustica folder with new versions of the dll's and xml's. The old names "Nebula3CoreII64 ...", are preserved. So far, these updated versions open without problems in Reaper . The master page show these versions as 1.3.600 core4x64. It maybe also worth noting that these appear in the fx insert slots in Reaper with the shorter names Nebula3 and Nebula3 Reverb.
tokomiko
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby fradoca » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:15 am

win xp sp3 here with wavelab 6.lots and lots and lots of crashes.I think i'll go back to the previous versions.
Giancarlo I think you'll have to release a bugfix version.I just can't use the new one.it's frustrating.... :(
fradoca
User Level 0
User Level 0

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula