Login

gui knob adjust style

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

gui knob adjust style

Postby Cupwise » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:04 pm

is it possible to switch how the knobs work with a gui that uses knobs? now when i load nebula in flstudio it's using the method where you click a knob and drag it up and down to rotate it. but before i could have swore it was using the method where you click it and have to drag it around like in a circular field around the knob, which gives more precision. i want it to be like that again. did i just imagine it was like that? heh
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: gui knob adjust style

Postby ngarjuna » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:11 pm

I don't think you imagined that, mine act like the latter as well (in REAPER and various PT sub-hosts). The thing I really like about that behavior is that if you increase the diameter of the 'circle' by moving the mouse out from the control you can get a more fine tuned control.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:16 pm

exactly. i used to hate that style but now i think it's the only way. it still acts that way for me in reaper but in flstudio i have the junky up/down style. i just found that if i hold alt it gives me the other method though. weird, i don't remember having to do that.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby ngarjuna » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:33 pm

Cupwise wrote:exactly. i used to hate that style but now i think it's the only way. it still acts that way for me in reaper but in flstudio i have the junky up/down style. i just found that if i hold alt it gives me the other method though. weird, i don't remember having to do that.

Interesting. There must be a switch somewhere but I have no idea where. I'm not sure if this helps but when I hold alt and work controls it doesn't seem be doing the other thing (I half expected it to take me into that vertical mode you described).
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Return to Working with Nebula