Nomad Factory Magma FX can't find Nebula

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Nomad Factory Magma FX can't find Nebula

Postby yanickwalker » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:16 am

I can use a wrapped version of Nebula Pro in Pro Tools 9 but I want to update to Pro Tools 11 soon and I won't be able to use the wrapped version in Pro Tools 11 so I've been trying to use it with Magma to see how it is but Magma can't seem to find it. Whenever I click scan for new VST's or whatever it's never listed. Anyone know how I can fix this problem?
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Nomad Factory Magma FX can't find Nebula

Postby cortinaone » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:58 am

I have the same problem....
User Level I
User Level I

Re: Nomad Factory Magma FX can't find Nebula

Postby mtalavera » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:53 am

I have no problems at all running Nebula inside MAGMA in either Pro Tools 10 or Pro Tools 11. I have both.

The Nebula VST is probably not installed in the default location that MAGMA uses, which if you are on Windows like I am, is:

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins\

Check this location:

C:\Program Files\Vstplugins\

and see if there is a acustica folder, and the Nebual dll's (again if you are on Windows) are in there. If not, then hunt around until you find the them. They must be around somewhere on your hard drive.

Once you find the dll files, go to MAGMA and add the VST Chainer. There is a UTILITY menu that you can pull down, then select Preferences, then Add Extra VST Plug-ins Folder. MAGMA allows you four extra folders that will be scanned for VST plugins. Once you add the directory that has the Nebuala VST dll's and click OK, select the UTILITY menu again, and then Manage VST Plug-ins.

This part is also important. If the button at the bottom left doesn't say "Update", then you need to go get the latest version of MAGMA. The previous version had a bug in that these extra folders were not being saved, and I had to add them each and every time I started up a session. That has been fixed, thank goodness.

Hopefully this works for you.

Return to Working with Nebula