Login

Announcing 'Nebula Explained' Online Course Coming Soon!

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Announcing 'Nebula Explained' Online Course Coming Soon!

Postby RJHollins » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:51 am

Looking forward to this !
There has been a bit of a delay due to the insane amount of work needed in learning about professional screen casting and video editing.

I can attest to this :shock: Curious, might you mention the 'screen casting' software you opt'd for ?
I'm demo'ing several programs for my software package. This stuff can get really involved, both effort, learning curve, and time needed :o

anyway ... all the best !!
8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby david1103 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:46 am

RJHollins wrote:Looking forward to this !
There has been a bit of a delay due to the insane amount of work needed in learning about professional screen casting and video editing.

I can attest to this :shock: Curious, might you mention the 'screen casting' software you opt'd for ?
I'm demo'ing several programs for my software package. This stuff can get really involved, both effort, learning curve, and time needed :o

anyway ... all the best !!
8-)

No problem, it's Camtasia 8. For the PC it is by far the best option. I didn't do any research about Mac SW.

Other things to think hard about are the resolution you record at and the final resolution. You have to factor in zooms, and also the availability of footage to supplement your screencasts at that resolution.

What may not be obvious until you try the software out is that it takes a LOT of CPU and computer resources to record and edit in high resolution at 30 fps. If you want to add drawing on the screen with a graphics tablet, rendering animated sequences etc then you maybe in for a shock :shock:
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby thepalalias » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:01 pm

@david1103 What software and codec are you using to edit? I only find it CPU intensive with either inefficient codecs are programs.
thepalalias
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby david1103 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:38 pm

thepalalias wrote:@david1103 What software and codec are you using to edit? I only find it CPU intensive with either inefficient codecs are programs.

All within Camtasia 8 which has its own special internal codecs until final export which can be in any format.

The new version of Camtasia is excellent and a full video editor unlike the previous versions which were very limited.
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Jordi » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:47 am

Coming soon!!! In the summer!!! How does the summer months? I would say that we are in autumn and if we do not hurry Christmas arrive soon. hehehehe! We know some thing more? launch, price, etc. ... It's all a joke, take the time you need ...

thanks
Jordi
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby jkervin » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:59 pm

Any updates for us, David? :)
jkervin
User Level X
User Level X

Postby david1103 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:44 am

Thanks to everyone who has been emailing me, and sorry it's taking longer than planned.

I am still going to give away 12 mins of the course to demonstrate how amazing it is :) This free section is finished and called 'The Secrets of Nebula Gain Staging Pt 1'.

I have been beta testing the video, getting feedback from the developers, and was about to release it to Youtube... then damn i am going on holiday tomorrow and didn't quite make the deadline :oops:

I am back in a couple of weeks, and after a few quick edits will upload it for all. Here is the contents for you to look forward to:

Table of Contents
-----------------
- Nebula Explained Free Preview: Secrets of Nebula Gain Staging Pt 1
- What is Gain Staging?
- What are the Basic Concepts of Gain Staging?
- Signal to Noise Ratio
- Headroom
- Example of a Typical Signal Chain
- An Audio Example Of Having Gain Too Low
- The Problems With Having Gain Too High
- A Plug-in's Ideal Input Level
- Why is Gain Staging so Important For Nebula?
- Too Much Input Volume to Nebula: Overload & Artefacts
- Too Little Input Volume to Nebula on a Dynamic Program: Loosing Realism & 3D Sound
- Nebula's Dynamic Layers
- The Optimum Input Volume to Nebula and Controlling the Level Of Distortion
- Testing SCS Treble & Bass Amp EQ For Distortion
- Summary
- Coming Next: -18dBFS RMS = 0dBVU

I will be away from all computers for a couple of weeks, and then refreshed will be back to 101% full out work to get this course finished :D
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby rolodrake » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:34 am

I'll be waiting this. Thanks !!!!
rolodrake
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby jkervin » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:40 pm

Hey David will I be able to buy this for myself for Christmas!? :D :D
jkervin
User Level X
User Level X

Postby david1103 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:21 pm

jkervin wrote:Hey David will I be able to buy this for myself for Christmas!? :D :D

I really hope so! I just bought a new PC to speed up video rendering time, Haswell i7 :D
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula