Login

Vanishing Libraries

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Vanishing Libraries

Postby richie43 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:21 pm

I have a particular library that has vanished from my standard Nebula menu after the dev posted an update to the library. I have been in contact with the dev, and he has said that no one else has reported any issues, so the problem seems to be with my set-up.
I have many individualized nebula instances that i make with Zabukowski's amazing little app, Nebula Setups. All of my libraries are installed in the same place, the nebulatemprepository, on a dedicated installed hard drive, I had not used any "alternativedatapath" installs yet. The strange thing is that the same presets that no longer show up in my Nebula Reverb.dll still work fine on the specified instance that I had made with the Nebula Setups, but I can't remake or update the instance because the presets no longer are seen by that app either! So as an experiment, I also installed the presets to an "alternativedatapath" location and manually created a new dll and xml, and that works fine as well. But the presets are not visible to my normal Nebula or the Zabukowski app (I tried both versions of his app, by the way).
I am wondering if because I do so much testing for so many of the Nebula developers so have accumulated an embarrassingly huge number of presets, have I reached some kind of limit to what nebula can deal with? I did remove probably 100 or more presets (presets, not 100 or more full libraries!lol), but nothing changed.
Any ideas why a whole library would vanish like this? And before you ask, yes, I have repeatedly deleted the temp folder, deleted the scan~boot file, and even re-ran my license file. This is certainly not the end of the world for me, but it is a little concerning,I am wondering if it might be the beginning of something more......Help!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Vanishing Libraries

Postby zabukowski » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:18 pm

User "Koda" reported problems (programs not showing + crashes) with Nebula plugin and Nebula Set-ups/NebulaMan when number of the programs in his repository excedeed number 9804.

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:49 pm

zabukowski wrote:User "Koda" reported problems (programs not showing + crashes) with Nebula plugin and Nebula Set-ups/NebulaMan when number of the programs in his repository excedeed number 9804.

Zabukowski

9804?!? That is a healthy sum, for sure. I actually have THAT many.....? :shock:
Now I am even more embarrassed....Thanks Zab. By the way, your new Setups app is very cool.
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby giancarlo » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:00 pm

you can't go higher than program 9999
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby SWAN » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:16 pm

its like Giancarlo is a barman saying Richie - you have had enough - you are too drunk on Nebula! ;)

10,000! :lol: You exposed your addiction there 8-)
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby richie43 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:40 pm

SWAN wrote:its like Giancarlo is a barman saying Richie - you have had enough - you are too drunk on Nebula! ;)

10,000! :lol: You exposed your addiction there 8-)

In my defense, I do quite a bit of testing, so it does add up..... (like a wine taster, right?).
Last edited by richie43 on Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby richie43 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:42 pm

giancarlo wrote:you can't go higher than program 9999

Well, I close that number, but not quite that many. So I am still without a solid answer, I guess. Will the new Nebula update change any of these limits? I assume the way to get around this is to use the alternativedatapath?

Edit:
For the record, I just loaded Nebula Setups, and it reports 9800 programs. So with the Yourei that it is already not seeing (that's the libraries that have vanished, by the way), I should still be under the 9999 threshold. Hmmm......
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby RJHollins » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:04 pm

Have you checked the 'TEMP' folder ?

Maybe clearing that will redo the count total :idea:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby richie43 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:22 pm

RJHollins wrote:Have you checked the 'TEMP' folder ?

Maybe clearing that will redo the count total :idea:

I have deleted the temp folder and scan~boot file many times, in fact. I even removed a bunch of libraries, and so far nothing has made a difference. As I said before, it's not the end of Nebula for me (lol...), I can always set up an instance manually using the alternativedatapath method, as long as I am making an instance from a specific library and not a specific task, like all consoles. That would be possible, but a much bigger undertaking. That's the beauty of making instances with the Nebula Setups app by Zabukowski- you can make an instance from any combination of presets in your huge repository....unless the app can't see the presets (which is what I am trying to figure out). Mostly it just bugs me, I'd like to know what is going on because I like to know what's going on!
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby enriquesilveti » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:55 am

Remove all libraries, less the problematic one, also AA library less your INIT files. Delete temp files and scanboot file. Add LOG and send me your log, computer information, and problematic library information to me AA email.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=369
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Working with Nebula