I have a particular library that has vanished from my standard Nebula menu after the dev posted an update to the library. I have been in contact with the dev, and he has said that no one else has reported any issues, so the problem seems to be with my set-up. I have many individualized nebula instances that i make with Zabukowski's amazing little app, Nebula Setups. All of my libraries are installed in the same place, the nebulatemprepository, on a dedicated installed hard drive, I had not used any "alternativedatapath" installs yet. The strange thing is that the same presets that no longer show up in my Nebula Reverb.dll still work fine on the specified instance that I had made with the Nebula Setups, but I can't remake or update the instance because the presets no longer are seen by that app either! So as an experiment, I also installed the presets to an "alternativedatapath" location and manually created a new dll and xml, and that works fine as well. But the presets are not visible to my normal Nebula or the Zabukowski app (I tried both versions of his app, by the way). I am wondering if because I do so much testing for so many of the Nebula developers so have accumulated an embarrassingly huge number of presets, have I reached some kind of limit to what nebula can deal with? I did remove probably 100 or more presets (presets, not 100 or more full libraries!lol), but nothing changed. Any ideas why a whole library would vanish like this? And before you ask, yes, I have repeatedly deleted the temp folder, deleted the scan~boot file, and even re-ran my license file. This is certainly not the end of the world for me, but it is a little concerning,I am wondering if it might be the beginning of something more......Help!
giancarlo wrote:you can't go higher than program 9999
Well, I close that number, but not quite that many. So I am still without a solid answer, I guess. Will the new Nebula update change any of these limits? I assume the way to get around this is to use the alternativedatapath?
Edit: For the record, I just loaded Nebula Setups, and it reports 9800 programs. So with the Yourei that it is already not seeing (that's the libraries that have vanished, by the way), I should still be under the 9999 threshold. Hmmm......
RJHollins wrote:Have you checked the 'TEMP' folder ?
Maybe clearing that will redo the count total
I have deleted the temp folder and scan~boot file many times, in fact. I even removed a bunch of libraries, and so far nothing has made a difference. As I said before, it's not the end of Nebula for me (lol...), I can always set up an instance manually using the alternativedatapath method, as long as I am making an instance from a specific library and not a specific task, like all consoles. That would be possible, but a much bigger undertaking. That's the beauty of making instances with the Nebula Setups app by Zabukowski- you can make an instance from any combination of presets in your huge repository....unless the app can't see the presets (which is what I am trying to figure out). Mostly it just bugs me, I'd like to know what is going on because I like to know what's going on!
Remove all libraries, less the problematic one, also AA library less your INIT files. Delete temp files and scanboot file. Add LOG and send me your log, computer information, and problematic library information to me AA email.