Login

Nebula Newbie Question!! Please Advise!!!

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Nebula Newbie Question!! Please Advise!!!

Postby captainbeats » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:46 pm

hello guys I am new to nebula. I am mainly a Hip Hop, Pop producer. I use lots of vst's, and a Motif on my production's. Most people I see using Nebula are into Rock, etc.. So my question is and this may sound like a stupid question lol. Is Nebula processing good for Hip hop music mixes, etc.. Since I dont really use live sound that much. I also purchased nebulaman for offline processing, Thanks
captainbeats
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Nebula Newbie Question!! Please Advise!!!

Postby Definity » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:57 pm

I make House/Dub-step/DnB and Trap music and use nebula on every channel. Normally I max out my CPU on it and have to bounce to audio so i can put it through more Nebula. Nebula can be put on any type of music. All it does is emulate hardware. if you want your daw to sound like hardware, especially the big consoles,comps,reverbs and likes of them Nebula is for you.

Also i would say all of us are into rock, quite a few people here mix, and they just mix what they are working on weather it's rock or hip-hop.
Definity

Postby captainbeats » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:00 am

Thanks alot for the reply!! Cool I feel better now i knew I made the right choice getting into Nebula I love the way my music sounds after I finish a mix, I was just curious since I always here people speaking if rock music, etc
captainbeats
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby richie43 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:37 am

As Definity put it so perfectly, Nebula is about hardware and analog signal path emulation for ITB mixing. I work with many many genres and use tons of Nebula on everything. And I mean EVERYTHING. The only "problem" with using Nebula is that I can never go back to non-Nebula digital audio..... Boo hoo.... :roll:
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby cdsoundmaster » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:39 am

Like the others are saying, NebPro excels at adding texture and dimension that comes from real analog hardware. There are tons of light-cpu plugins that do tasks well for general effects, but when it comes to the complex nature of op-amps, tubes, tape, etc., musical waveforms in every genre love the real analog treatment!
I know lo-fi tape has been expressly popular for beats and hip hop since the earliest days. Tape and tubes in NebPro, along with consoles and EQ, are perfect for loops and beats. In addition to making products, I am a composer as well. I love everything from symphonic music to electronic, guitar rock to beats. I started playing drums at age 8, so I've always loved creativity with rhythm and percussion. Adding edge and making things sound big without sounding fake, is the thing that NebPro will always win at hands down. Adding texture and growl to synths and volume to drums and warmth to vocals works beautifully with every genre.
Welcome to the world of NebPro!
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:20 am

cdsoundmaster wrote:In addition to making products, I am a composer as well. I love everything from symphonic music to electronic, guitar rock to beats....

You left out that you are also a very friendly and generous guy and have helped many "noobs" get their head around this awesome technology by taking the time to explain things. In fact, it was Michael Angel, who after reading an exasperated post from me after my first disastrous Nebula experience (CPU almoist in flames...lol) wrote me back and had me send him my xml file and system specs. He hand-tweaked my xml and my experience got better and tolerable. A better computer was in my future, but had he not done that, I may have been so discouraged and forgotten Nebula after one try. Ha ha, I have shuddered the few times I had to do some audio work for hire on someone else's system that had no Nebula.... :evil:
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Return to Working with Nebula