Login

New Protools AAX support for Nebula?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: New Protools AAX support for Nebula?

Postby dwagrimm » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:47 pm

...sorry but Pyramix of Merging is at the moment far away to be a useful daw. It`s a great tool if you only record audio trax or for mastering. The last update supports at first time the 64 bit computers (after years) but up to date no 64 bit plug ins. No Vsti support or Vsti tracks. Whatever they is possible an interesting tool in one or more years. Solid but useless for the most of us at the moment...
...and ProTools himself...is killing himself??? or I`m foolish and so wrong... :shock:
dwagrimm
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby marcpl » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:23 pm

in case anyone else was losing sleep over this...here's a post that angus of fxpansion made on their forum:

"Yes. We are working on a major rev to VST-RTAS to support PT10 (and AAX, and some other goodies!). More news soon."

http://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=74721

what a relief!
it's not as good as nebula supporting AAX but i'll take it.
marcpl
User Level X
User Level X

Postby tomvogi » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:36 pm

giancarlo wrote:I'm almost sure we'll not support this new format. Moving all the code to texas would be a serious pain, we are a little company. Development costs are high, and I'm not sure about the future of the platform

Sean Costello (Valhalla DSP) mentioned that it would be possible that one could release AAX-native plugins only.. I think this would be a great thing for ProTools users.

I understand and support your decision to leave old technology like HDX behind.... this is certainly nothing you should invest any ressources into.
tomvogi
User Level 0
User Level 0

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula