Login

AITB - Doc Fear & APEq & FATE-EQ & GERMANOS EQs GUI

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: AITB - Doc Fear & APEq GUI (Reaper only!)

Postby david1103 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:59 am

dagovitsj wrote:Hi, again!

i just load the docfear fxchain, the nebulas all load up with the correct presets loaded. i just open the docfear gui, wiggle the controls and it all works. nothing else to do!

Hm, yes, I was a little to impationate some hours ago. I thought the loading process didn't work as there was nothing happing, but the second time I waited a while and bom - there all Nebulas were loaded apparently with the correct presets loaded. But tweaking the knobs in the Doc Fear GUI gives no EQ. For some strange reason it doesn't work here. I just loaded one instance of D.Fear outside the fxchain to check if the D.Fear was working on it's own/loaded the usual way one band each Nebula instance, and yes it's working fine this way. So nothing wrong with that.

It seems like the correct settings in a way get loaded as there is a little number to the right of the 'Init', in the first it's 612 - and this refers to the unique number of D.Fear Lo -3S, so there is something that's missing somewhere.

Could you please take a screenshot of your screen so I can see if there is something obvious that's different?

Here is my screenshot:
http://screencast.com/t/I9QDhWTg

OK, i think there is a bug!

When i first loaded the chain non of the DocFear.dll controls would work, after playing about with the controls for a while (i think i used the highest far right control when it started to work) it all suddenly started to work perfectly.

i turned reaper on and off, and re-loaded everything. it now suddenly worked perfectly... can anyone else confirm this behavior?

here is my screenshot once it is working:

http://www.learndigitalaudio.com/blog/w ... Loaded.jpg
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby dagovitsj » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:42 pm

Hi, again!
Hm, hope Tunca reads this and can check if there is a bug.

Just to check if there is something with my setup which could be the case:
- I have placed the fxchain in this directory:
C:\Users\My name\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\FXChains
- I have placed the Doc Fear.dll here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins
- I have renamed my Nebula3CoreII64 Reverb.dll and Nebula3CoreII64 Reverb.xml to:
-Nebula3.dll and Nebula3.xml and placed them here:
C:\vstplugins\acustica

Then I have added these directories so Reaper can see my plugins:
C:\vstplugins\acustica;C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins

I open a track, open fxchain, Doc Fear loads and 5 instances of Nebula show up. But everyone has this 'init' status. I have turned every knob on the GUI, nothing happens.

Hm, very irritating since i know Doc Fear is a really good EQ and this interface is just like having everything served on a plate ;)

i turned reaper on and off, and re-loaded everything. it now suddenly worked perfectly... can anyone else confirm this behavior?

-What do you exactly meaning by 'turned reaper on and off'? I reckon you mean the plugin, i.e. Doc Fear - Reaper can't be turned on and off, only closed down and opened?

-so when you did this thing, you're saying that everything worked perfectly. Does that mean everytime you open Reaper and load Doc Fear - it just works normally, you don't have to do all this 'turn on/off', fiddling with the knobs until it 'wakes to life' etc?

@ richie43: what about you, is it working flawlessly at your place?
- Are you both on PC or Mac?

I just want this to work - I have really rediscovered Doc Fear by all this tweaking. It has such a creamy, luxurious sound :D
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby dagovitsj » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:37 pm

Hmmm, this is really driving me nuts. I have used several hours now, and I'm just soooo close to finally get there!

Now I have followed djomardiaz' suggestion and made one Nebula3.dll and Nebula.xml tweaked with Nebula setup, so it's only loading: 543=Lo -3S, 540=Lo +3S, 545=Mid -3S, 533=Hi +3S and 538=Hi -3S.

The fxchain loads superfast now! And the strange thing is that I can't load the 543=Lo -3S, as it supposed to be - but I can load all the other 4 presets. This is also the case with the other instances, meaning: All Nebula instances can load every preset except the preset that naturally belongs to this Nebula instance!!!
In short, if we number each Nebula instance from the top, the first one will have it's reference to the first knob on the Doc Fear GUI, meaning the Low Cut etc:

Nebula 1: this can't load 543=Lo -3S, but all the others
Nebula 2: this can't load 540=Lo +3S, but all the others
Nebula 3: this can't load 545=Mid -3S, but all the others
Nebula 4: this can't load,533=Hi +3S but all the others
Nebula 5: this can't load,538=Hi -3S but all the others

Yes, I know that I can drag the different Nebula instances in the "rack", but it doesn't seem to be a working link between Nebula and the GUI.

To you who actually has a working setup: do the faders on the Nebula interface move, when you move the knobs on the Doc Fear GUI?

Any suggestions here to how I can get this to work? Now I really have dug so deep into this and feel that I'm just so damn near the goal, but it's frustrating that I don't get this to work.

Thoughts?
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby dagovitsj » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:33 am

Yessssss!
Thanks a lot, Tunca for the updated version (Doc Fear commercial, see first post in this thread).

Wow, having the whole D.Fear with a nice GUI, fantastic!

Really looking forward to the API-release ;)))

Thanks again, great contribution to this community.

Best
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Tunca_Kucuk » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:15 pm

UPDATED
TK
Tunca_Kucuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby dagovitsj » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:24 pm

Wow, didn't expected APEq GUI to arrive so soon. This is just so cool ;)

Thanks a lot!

Just one question, djomardiaz wrote:
what ive made is to create a nebula setup with only the doc fear librarie, and name it identically than the name that this chain tries to load , "nebula3",

What name does this chain try to load, meaning: what name should I give the .dll and .xml files. Can I name them APEq.dll and APEq.xml or what?

Cheers
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Tunca_Kucuk » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:53 pm

What name does this chain try to load, meaning: what name should I give the .dll and .xml files. Can I name them APEq.dll and APEq.xml or what?

No,no!

Only put APEq.dll to vst plugin folder and put chains to fx chains folder.
TK
Tunca_Kucuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby dagovitsj » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:46 pm

Aha, got it!
thanks it's working like a charm. I have my AITB library on a SSD disk, and the whole APEq is loading in 6 sek. Wow!
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: AITB - Doc Fear & APEq & FATE-EQ GUI (Reaper only for no

Postby Tunca_Kucuk » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:17 am

UPDATE

Added Fate-Eq
TK
Tunca_Kucuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: AITB - Doc Fear & APEq & FATE-EQ GUI (Reaper only for no

Postby dagovitsj » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:30 am

I'm in Reaper-Nebula-heaven!
A big thank you, Tunca :D

PS: the fxchain loads the APEq-skin now and not the FATE-EQ. Would you mind fixing it?
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula