Login

AITB - Doc Fear & APEq & FATE-EQ & GERMANOS EQs GUI

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: AITB - Doc Fear Community Edition GUI (Reaper only!)

Postby david1103 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:24 am

Holy shit Tunca, i love you!!!!

This is the best thing EVER, it works 100% with my normal copy of Doc Fear. I dreamed of something like this since i bought the EQ many years ago. It is still maybe the best EQ, and now with this control panel it is going to be the go to!

If you want to do the APEq collection and don't have it, i will gladly paypay you the money to buy it! ;)

http://www.analoginthebox.com/product.php?id=2687

THANKS so much for this Doc Fear controller :P
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Tunca_Kucuk » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:48 pm

I'm working on APEq GUI when i record my album.It's relieving me :mrgreen:

But i have no this library for now. :?

It's first work...

I don't know which programs added to this library but i'm creating main parts.
TK
Tunca_Kucuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby david1103 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:03 pm

it is looking great, i just PM'd you :)
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Tunca_Kucuk » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:26 am

What do you think about new one? :mrgreen:
TK
Tunca_Kucuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby david1103 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:29 am

Tunca Küçük wrote:What do you think about new one? :mrgreen:

Even better!

I think Doc Fear and APEq are two perfectly complimenting EQ's and together will be enough EQ to make ANY mix sound incredible.

For the 44.1/Reaper users those EQ's with these controllers are going to be a dream workflow :)

mmm punchy or smooth with full control of all bands at once, a happy choice :D
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: AITB - Doc Fear & APEq GUI (Reaper only!)

Postby dagovitsj » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:56 pm

Hi!
This "project" is looking very interesting, and I have been even more motivated to learn Reaper. I installed the software today and tried this DocFear GUI-thing.

But I'm probably a newbie regarding how this work. I have read the thread and see that also richie43 had some starting problems...

I have managed to place the FXchain in the right location and placed the DocFear.dll in the vst plugins folder. But I get a warning message when I load it, saying that it can't find Nebula 3 (Acustica Audio).

My Nebula instance is called with it's default name Nebula3CoreII64 Reverb.dll, so I reckon there's only a naming issue her.

Please see attaced screenshot and help me further. This is too interesting to just let go because of some initial problems with the setup ;)
http://screencast.com/t/EDeabA3wHU

Cheers
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby david1103 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:13 pm

dagovitsj, i think i know what is going on.

your nebula must be called nebula3.dll and have nebula3.xml with it (that is the file name DocFear.dll expects)

what you want to do is locate in your install folder your:

Nebula3CoreII64 Reverb.dll
Nebula3CoreII64 Reverb.xml

and copy them to another temp folder.

now simply rename the files in the temp folder to:

Nebula3.dll
Nebula3.xml

and copy them back into the nebula folder you got them from. now you should have an extra version of nebula that the DocFear.dll can load.

if you are running 64bit reaper it should bridge the 32bit DocFear.dll to work fine. you may find it annoying that it appears as a 'separate process' plugin, and when you use it the GUI of other plugins stop updating (well span does that on my system)

to avoid this you can change its status to embedded, right click the plug-in name in the 'Add FX to:' dialog and select 'run as - embed bridged UI'. i have not tested this fully yet, but fingers crossed it should run 100% fine as if it was a 64bit plug-in

hope that gets you up and running!
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby dagovitsj » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:57 pm

Hi, again david1103! Thanks a lot for your help, most appreciated ;)

I'm one step closer to the goal, but I'm still not there yet. Yes, you were totally right about changing the name of Nebula3CoreII64 Reverb.dll and Nebula3CoreII64 Reverb.xml.

But when the fxchain load the Doc Fear.dll together with the 5 instances of Nebula, I only get init when I load the first EQ band (Doc.Fear Lo 3S). I checked if I could load the same preset outside this fxchain - and yes, no problem.

Ah, could it be that I'm using the full version of DocFear? I don't have the "community version" - and who has it? After reading richie43's post, it seems like he and you (?) were able to get this to work with the full version of DocFear.

Any hints?

Yes, I'm using Reaper 64bit, and Nebula 64bit.

Sidenote:
I just don't get it - has Tunca made a DocFear.dll from scratch or how is this actually put together? Curious!
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby david1103 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:19 pm

I am using:

- the original full version release of Doc Fear (no copy protection, but that should not make any difference unless they changed the file names)
- nebula 64bit
- reaper 64bit

i just load the docfear fxchain, the nebulas all load up with the correct presets loaded. i just open the docfear gui, wiggle the controls and it all works. nothing else to do!

i am not sure what you mean when you say:

"I only get init when I load the first EQ band (Doc.Fear Lo 3S)"

you mean you are just opening the first nebula to have a peak and see if it loaded? you don't have to load anything yourself. what confuses me is how do you know its "Doc.Fear Lo 3S" if it didn't load? :?
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby dagovitsj » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:00 pm

Hi, again!

i just load the docfear fxchain, the nebulas all load up with the correct presets loaded. i just open the docfear gui, wiggle the controls and it all works. nothing else to do!

Hm, yes, I was a little to impationate some hours ago. I thought the loading process didn't work as there was nothing happing, but the second time I waited a while and bom - there all Nebulas were loaded apparently with the correct presets loaded. But tweaking the knobs in the Doc Fear GUI gives no EQ. For some strange reason it doesn't work here. I just loaded one instance of D.Fear outside the fxchain to check if the D.Fear was working on it's own/loaded the usual way one band each Nebula instance, and yes it's working fine this way. So nothing wrong with that.

It seems like the correct settings in a way get loaded as there is a little number to the right of the 'Init', in the first it's 612 - and this refers to the unique number of D.Fear Lo -3S, so there is something that's missing somewhere.

Could you please take a screenshot of your screen so I can see if there is something obvious that's different?

Here is my screenshot:
http://screencast.com/t/I9QDhWTg
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula