Login

Scan mode fast doesn't work - long initialization process.

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Scan mode fast doesn't work - long initialization process.

Postby greekpeet » Sun May 19, 2013 6:06 am

So this has been a pain for a few years now (and always has been) and am surprised it doesn't come up more often.

What I'm trying to say here is that when I load the Nebula VST, for whatever reason it takes ~12-15 seconds for Nebula to load to even select a program.

So if I want to load 3 or 4 Nebula instances (even before I load a single program) I have to sit there, and wait a minute or so. I've tried every single tweak there is, but think it is due to the amount of libraries I own.

Is this the case? The more libraries you own the longer and longer it takes?

It loads in a split second if I have 'scan mode' set to fast, but doesn't see any of my libraries.

At this point I only use Nebula very rarely and stick to CDSMs VSTs for the majority of my mojo work.

Spent a few hours messing with it again and searching the forums/internet but can't find anything to help solve it.

Maybe its something very simple but have yet to find a solution.
greekpeet
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: Scan mode fast doesn't work - long initialization proces

Postby RJHollins » Sun May 19, 2013 9:34 am

The more libraries added, the longer the initialization time.

The only solution ... split your libraries by making custom Nebula's using Zab's utility 'NebulaSetup'.

My system was taking over a min or more to get to the INIT screen. Finally broke down and started making customs ... the difference is huge !
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby greekpeet » Sun May 19, 2013 4:27 pm

Your awesome for that tip!

I'll take the time to do exactly as you prescribed.

:D

God Bless you RJ!
greekpeet
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Sun May 19, 2013 6:09 pm

To add to RJ's response;
Once I got the hang og making these specialized instances with the Nebula Set-ups app, I now have over 40 different instances of Nebula, each only scanning the few libraries that it loads. Loading a "raw" nebula instance now takes a few seconds, as opposed to the nearly a minute I was experiencing. An added benefit is that each one is so much easier to navigate through to find what I want. I don't know what DAW you use, but Reaper is awesome regarding saving and recalling fx chain presets, so I even have some of these instances saved as preloaded presets, and those load ready to use in around 10 seconds (these are 2 or 3 instances for a chain, by the way).
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby enriquesilveti » Sun May 19, 2013 7:11 pm

You can use alias version or stop auto scan, you should enable again once after you install a new library.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby giancarlo » Mon May 20, 2013 8:49 pm

we are developing a solution, are you using the server?
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby greekpeet » Tue May 21, 2013 2:45 am

giancarlo wrote:we are developing a solution, are you using the server?

Gian,

That's awesome news about a solution!

Using Nebula Server 1.3.502 32bit on OS X
Host is Ableton Live 8.4.1 64bit with the jBridge VST wrapper for 32bit plugins.
greekpeet
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby dwagrimm » Thu May 23, 2013 12:38 pm

richie43 wrote:To add to RJ's response;
Once I got the hang og making these specialized instances with the Nebula Set-ups app, I now have over 40 different instances of Nebula, each only scanning the few libraries that it loads. Loading a "raw" nebula instance now takes a few seconds, as opposed to the nearly a minute I was experiencing. An added benefit is that each one is so much easier to navigate through to find what I want. I don't know what DAW you use, but Reaper is awesome regarding saving and recalling fx chain presets, so I even have some of these instances saved as preloaded presets, and those load ready to use in around 10 seconds (these are 2 or 3 instances for a chain, by the way).

Hi Richie,

how do you handle it if nebula is updated?
you creat 40 new instances with all single editings?
dwagrimm
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby zabukowski » Thu May 23, 2013 1:48 pm

dwagrimm wrote:

Hi Richie,

Nebula Setups 2 will keep track of the created setups, so updating all/selected plugins with the new Nebula version will be supported within the program.

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby dwagrimm » Thu May 23, 2013 7:13 pm

zabukowski wrote:
dwagrimm wrote:

Hi Richie,

Nebula Setups 2 will keep track of the created setups, so updating all/selected plugins with the new Nebula version will be supported within the program.

Zabukowski

oha, that sounds very cool.
thanks for the information and your work.
dwagrimm
User Level IX
User Level IX

Return to Working with Nebula