Login

Workflow

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Workflow

Postby rhino » Sat May 18, 2013 9:51 pm

Hello,

Can somebody help me to figure out a possible workflow.
I am on a rather old 32 bit system, so speed and RAM-usage matters for me.

Scenario 1

All the single tracks are processed with -->
a) console input-channel b) maybe additional tape machine c) master-bus console input channel.
Nothing is added to the group channels (as the architecture for the mix is not done on that point).
With this chain I render all single channels prior to the effective mix .
The mixing process starts afterwards using this rendered tracks.

Scenario 2 -

Same like Scenario 1 but additionally the basic architecture of the mix is already done and the single channels are sent to the different busses (f.e.guits to the guitar-bus, drums to drum-bus etc.) which have the appropriate group-console channels inserted.
Each single track would be rendered with -->
a) console input b) maybe additional tape-machine, c) group-channel input, d) master-bus console input channel

Scenario 3 - Same like Scenario 2, but with an additional tape machine on the masterbus.

So each single track would be rendered with -->
a) console input b) maybe additional tape-machine, c) group-channel input, d) master-bus console input channel e) tape machine on masterbus

What works best for your opinion?
Would one of the above scenarios make sense for people which are working with weak computers and have to render tracks prior to the mix? Other points I overlooked? F.e. a master-bus could probably sound different when only single tracks are rendered through it and not the entire mix (no interactions?)? I don't want to use freezing for various reasons, I am only interested in work-flows which do not include freezing tracks.

Thanks for you recommendations!

Rhino
rhino
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Workflow

Postby rhino » Sun May 19, 2013 1:00 pm

I found this great tips from Michael from CDSoundMaster and thought it might help other people with similar questions. Highly recommended!
http://clubvst.forumco.com/topic.asp?TO ... s=workflow,
rhino
User Level 0
User Level 0

Return to Working with Nebula