Login

Problems installing Nebula 3 Pro Server

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Problems installing Nebula 3 Pro Server

Postby francois.eudes » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:26 pm

I think i screwed up. I had Nebula 3 Free installed, i've downloaded the only thing i saw in /my downloads, which was "Upgrade Nebula3 Server WIN x64 1.3.505", i installed it, then i had a doubt, uninstalled Nebula Free, then uninstalled Nebula 3 server to start from scratch, but i guess i made a mistake ?
francois.eudes
User Level I
User Level I

Re: Problems installing Nebula 3 Pro Server

Postby francois.eudes » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:24 am

Ok, cool, great help here. Thanks
francois.eudes
User Level I
User Level I

Postby babiuk » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:35 am

Hi, I recently installed Server and it was smooth, it worked just installed, just executing the .exe.

Anyway I had Neb3Pro commercial version installed so I bought the upgrade pack and I executed that file. As I can read you just have neb free and you installed a server upgrade, isn´t it? Is this upgrade a free item too?
I think it can not work that way but it´s a looong time ago since I don´t use free version(it was at the first beginning of nebula history) so maybe I´m wrong cos then the server didn´t exist.

Apart from this I recommend you to get a commercial version, at least 3Pro cos the results are 3000000 years ahead of the rest of the plugins in the world, and it´s the only way you can try commercial libraries, which are the real stuff.

Anyway I hope some people could help you in a deeper way about free products.
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby babiuk » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:42 am

Oops, I saw you wrote while I was replying.
So someone helped you in other thread?
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby francois.eudes » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:47 am

Hi Babiuk, thanks for your help. Actually i was complaining nobody would help at the time you were writing ;-)

I just bought the full Nebula 3 Pro Server (189$) yesterday, and i went to the download area and found only the "upgrade" ~19Mo. I think it's fishy, isn'it ?

Now i don't know what to do. Maybe i should uninstall everything again, reinstall the free version, then the upgrade ?
francois.eudes
User Level I
User Level I

Postby francois.eudes » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:47 am

Hi Babiuk, thanks for your help. Actually i was complaining nobody would help at the time you were writing ;-)

I just bought the full Nebula 3 Pro Server (189$) yesterday, and i went to the download area and found only the "upgrade" ~19Mo. I think it's fishy, isn'it ?

Now i don't know what to do. Maybe i should uninstall everything again, reinstall the free version, then the upgrade ?
francois.eudes
User Level I
User Level I

Postby RJHollins » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:13 am

hmmm ... wanted to help ...

Looked in 'MY downloads', and you are right ... there are only UPGRADES showing :o

That does not seem right.

Hopefully Enrique will spot this post and get this straighten out.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby francois.eudes » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:22 am

Ahhhhh, thank you RJ, it was driving me nuts. For 189$ i was sitting with an upgrade to nothing in my hands, without any readme file to enlight me, and i was seriously going bananas.
francois.eudes
User Level I
User Level I

Postby francois.eudes » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:19 am

Honestly i would love if the guys from Nebula could just answer either this topic or any of my mails, because i cannot waste this amount of time and i really need to test a bunch of things with Nebula BEFORE tomorrow.
francois.eudes
User Level I
User Level I

Postby RJHollins » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:35 am

Understood ...

'THEY' just need to be absolutely sure that 'You' truly care about 'The Sound'.

:lol:

Once you are up and running ... you'll have earned a place within this small, yet determined, Community.

Be patient ... which we all heard during our initiation. Once your in, you'll find many that will offer help to questions of all kinds.

While in the 'waiting room', take some time to read through the forum. It'll help give you some sense of the place & people ... and hopefully ease the wait.
8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to Working with Nebula