Login

ruined my install - how to fix

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

ruined my install - how to fix

Postby tb-av » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:48 pm

Reaper - current version
Win7

Haven't used Nebula in a while and I have apparently moved some things around and ruined my Nebula Install.

When I load it as an effect now I get a mostly black faceplate with a Blue box in the middle. Inside the box is this message....

Acustica Loader ver 1.3.505
1 DEBUG level: 0
2 MASTER Ko: master descriptor not found (nebula3coreii64 reverb.xml)

Trying to get out of that locks everything up and crashes Reaper. Like I said it's been a while and I'm not real clear how to sort this out.

My directory structure is..

....Users\DAW\VST Plugins 64\acustica\all Nebula files ( but not the .ser file )

Reaper has the .... \VST 64 Plugins\ directory in it's search path.

My Nebula Repository is on D:\nebuladepository and the Nebula3.ser file is there. Also the Program, Vector, Dictionary, etc... folders and files.

Any easy fix for this?
tb-av
User Level III
User Level III

Re: ruined my install - how to fix

Postby enriquesilveti » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:15 pm

1. Move/Backup Nebula related folders
2. Install Setup then Upgrade to last version.
3. Install your Key.
4. From backup folder, copy your .XML master files, emulation presets and libraries.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby tb-av » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:34 pm

Thanks, can you run that Key install by me again.

EDIT: OK, I got backed up and re-installed. Ran Neb once and it generated a .ser in repository. Now I have the Red faceplate Nebula and under MAST it says it is registered and has a number...

Now your step 3. I don;t know what to do now about that install Key part. Where is my Key and how do I install it?
tb-av
User Level III
User Level III

Postby enriquesilveti » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:17 am

You should have send your .SER file and have received a key installer (for PC) from Acustica Audio. Did you received first time? Did you backup it? If not request now! Key installer is just 2 files INIT.N2P and INIT.N2V that you or the installer should overwrite over the demo key files INIT.N2P and INIT.N2V.

Acustica Audio Products Key F.A.Q.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=362

Nebula use a challenger response anti-copy authorization system. After first run Nebula will generate a .SER file in the plug-in support installation folder called NebulaTempRepository folder (in PC this path can be changed in the installation setup however is fixed in MAC and the path is Mac HD/Library/Audio/Presets/AcusticaAudio/Nebula3/). This file should be sent to Acustica Audio to generate a custom customer key, you can send in an attachment to info@acusticaudio.com or upload in user area, my authorizations. A custom customer key will send from Acustica Audio for replace the demo key, removing any restriction so you will able to load any emulation preset. Be aware that the customer key is the INIT emulation preset that Nebula use for initialized and that means INIT emulation preset, customer key and INIT.N2V and INIT.N2P are the same thing.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby tb-av » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:06 pm

Ok, thanks, I just sent request for new key. I just want to start everything clean, so I'll wait for new key.

Thanks for your help.

Tom B.
tb-av
User Level III
User Level III

Return to Working with Nebula