Login

Several questions dev or user answers welcome

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Several questions dev or user answers welcome

Postby kindafishy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:02 am

I have a few questions. I read over the site, and went through the FAQ's, did searches, etc, etc, and I'm still left with the following. It's a lot of questions, but I think they might be useful to others as well. Links to existing answers are welcome too.

- Is there a sound quality difference between the Nebula 2 Bundle and the Nebula 3 Bundle?

- Is there a performance difference between the Nebula 2 Bundle and the Nebula 3 Bundle?

- What advantages does the 'Acqua Engine CORE II' in the Nebula 3 Pro Bundle have over the 'Acqua Engine CORE I' in the Nebula 2 Bundle and the Nebula 3 Bundle?

- Is the 'Acqua Engine CORE 3' better than the 'Acqua Engine CORE II'? Why does the free version have CORE 3, but the commercial versions have CORE II or CORE I (except Server)?

- I am pretty impressed by the sounds in the free bundle. Are the sounds in the commercial version better, or on par?

- If I've done a mix with the free bundle, and I purchase one of the commercial bundles, can I still have the free bundle installed so I still have my mix as I left it?

- What is 'Multi Dimension Models Sampling' and what is 'Dynamic Range Models Sampling' and is it worth considering the Nebula 3 Pro Bundle to get it?

- What is in the 8 GB 'Commercial Libraries Included'?

- Recommendation time. Are there any (even mildly) compelling reasons to go for the Nebula 3 Bundle over the Nebula 2 Bundle?

Thanks people!
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: Several questions dev or user answers welcome

Postby enriquesilveti » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:50 am

- Is there a sound quality difference between the Nebula 2 Bundle and the Nebula 3 Bundle?

There are no sound quality differences between N2 and N3 due this product use the same Audio CORE.

- Is there a performance difference between the Nebula 2 Bundle and the Nebula 3 Bundle?

IDEM before. Same CORE. Big difference between N2 and N3 is the user GUI.

What advantages does the 'Acqua Engine CORE II' in the Nebula 3 Pro Bundle have over the 'Acqua Engine CORE I' in the Nebula 2 Bundle and the Nebula 3 Bundle?

Better CPU performance.

- Is the 'Acqua Engine CORE 3' better than the 'Acqua Engine CORE II'? Why does the free version have CORE 3, but the commercial versions have CORE II or CORE I (except Server)?

RE: Nebula3 FREE is a demonstration of Nebula3 PRO Server. We decide to not change the name to not confuse the customers and users. Only Acqua Engine CORE 3 product are under develop. We still support old product but we don't add new features.

- I am pretty impressed by the sounds in the free bundle. Are the sounds in the commercial version better, or on par?

RE: Talking only about audio Acqua Engine CORE II and Acqua Engine CORE 3 are quite similar. Acqua Engine CORE 3 has better RAM performance, but almost sound equal. So Nebula3 FREE, Nebula3 PRO and Nebula3 PRO Server will sound similar. Remember that Nebula is a Vectorial Volterra Kernel player the raw material are the emulation preset. You can buy Nebula3 PRO and then upgrade to Server paying the difference.

- If I've done a mix with the free bundle, and I purchase one of the commercial bundles, can I still have the free bundle installed so I still have my mix as I left it?

RE: Yes you can. You should use a different path in the installation in PC/WIN. Commercial library already has FREE library and FREE demo from 3rd party developer will run under any Nebula Commercial release.

- What is 'Multi Dimension Models Sampling' and what is 'Dynamic Range Models Sampling' and is it worth considering the Nebula 3 Pro Bundle to get it?

RE: Multi Dimension Models Sampling means EQ and Filters sampling using NAT. NAT is the sampler that 3rd developers use to make Nebula emulation presets. Dynamic Range Models Sampling means compressor or similar.

- What is in the 8 GB 'Commercial Libraries Included'?

RE: See: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=653

- Recommendation time. Are there any (even mildly) compelling reasons to go for the Nebula 3 Bundle over the Nebula 2 Bundle?

If you can afford. Buy Nebula3 PRO or PRO Server. Nebula2 has a limited GUI and Nebula3 use old CORE I. Anyway you can always upgrade paying the difference.

Thanks people!

You are welcome!
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby kindafishy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:32 am

Thank you! Very clear and very helpful.
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby enriquesilveti » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:27 am

You are welcome.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Return to Working with Nebula