Login

Nebula And It's Infancy

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Nebula And It's Infancy

Postby Definity » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:30 am

I have been thinking how far has nebula come and how far can it still go? I know that when Micro Kernels came out it was pretty big.

I'm trying to think what else can be done to make it even better. I have tested out the new NI stuff and the Compressors are pretty good as well as the Reverbs and I would hate to see this technology get shadowed by the 'Bigger Companies'.

What else is to come for Nebula? What would you like to see?
Definity

Re: Nebula And It's Infancy

Postby Cupwise » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:39 am

micro kernels never really got used. at least as far as i know. i dont think it quite panned out...
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby Mauri » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:46 am

I don't use Nebula any longer because of it's 'clunkiness', I just don't have the time to endlessly fiddle with the settings to get the full 'perceived benefit' of it.

I wish all of Nebula could be configured to work more like traditional VSTs, along the lines of CD SoundMasters plugs.

I know I'm going to get shot down for this but I much prefer my UAD (and a few other) plugs.

It was fun for a while though ;) !

Cheers all,

Mauri.
Cubase Pro 8 x64 + jBridge, W10 x64 Dual Boot on 2 SSDs + 3 SSDs for samples & project files, i7 5930K @ 4.2GHz, ASUS X99 Pro, 32GB RAM, RME HDSPe AIO, 2 x UAD2 Solo, Mackie HR624 MK2, 2 x 24" BenQ LED monitors, Nebula 3 Pro & Server x64.
Mauri
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Cupwise » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:52 am

Mauri wrote:I don't use Nebula any longer because of it's 'clunkiness', I just don't have the time to endlessly fiddle with the settings to get the full 'perceived benefit' of it.

I wish all of Nebula could be configured to work more like traditional VSTs, along the lines of CD SoundMasters plugs.

I know I'm going to get shot down for this but I much prefer my UAD (and a few other) plugs.

Cheers all,

Mauri.

could i ask what kind of programs you are using, and what is wrong with them in the first place that you need to dig through all the deeper parameters to fix?
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby davidgary73 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:23 am

Mauri wrote:I don't use Nebula any longer because of it's 'clunkiness', I just don't have the time to endlessly fiddle with the settings to get the full 'perceived benefit' of it.

Cheers all,

Mauri.

Actually i found Nebula to be easy and fun. I just find a preamp or a tapesim preset that i like, boom i'm done. Hardly even need to touch any fader accept the gdrive, input and output faders.

For EQ's, i just used the necessary boost or cuts and still have the EQ mojo unlike any other EQ plugins.

Another solution is to use Nebulaman to setup different FX chains.

Anyway, use what you're most comfortable with and at the end of the day, it's music.

Cheers
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram •
Logic Pro X 10.2.4 • OSX 10.11.6 • VEP 6 •
Magenta 3 • Green 3 • Navy • Pink • Sand • Lime • Nebula3 Server Ultimate •
http://www.purevolume.com/DavidGary
davidgary73

Postby RJHollins » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:53 am

Cheers all,

Mauri.

Something new is coming ... :o

Currently preparing things for a few beta testers.
Formal 'announce' in new topic when everything is in place.

Back to work.
8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby dagovitsj » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:15 pm

Come on, RJHollins - give us some more! I checked the date of your post, and it's not 1st April. This is very exicting ;)
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby babiuk » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:03 am

RJHollins wrote:Something new is coming ... :o

Currently preparing things for a few beta testers.
Formal 'announce' in new topic when everything is in place.

Back to work.
8-)

:D So excited about this upcomming thing...
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby jimiyves » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:46 am

To my mind what can be done with Nebula is guitar amp distortion. It would be so great.
jimiyves
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Definity » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:39 am

Cupwise wrote:micro kernels never really got used. at least as far as i know. i dont think it quite panned out...

Oh I thought they where used a lot. I wonder why they didn't get used much.
Definity

Next

Return to Working with Nebula