Login

The interface

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: The interface

Postby botus99 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:04 pm

It's obvious that everyone has their list of gripes and things that they wish to be improved. I'm no exception. All I want to say in this thread/post is that:

1. I have NO idea what is going on under the hood of Nebula in terms of what can be addressed immediately or easily, as opposed to things that are just out of the realm of realistic expectations.

2. I do believe that Giancarlo knows of the "flaws" of Nebula, AND has formed plans and ideas to address these "flaws" as he sees fit.

3. Any gripe I have (which is just nitpicking from me, overall I am extremely happy) has already been discussed/thought of by the community and Giancarlo.

Do I want more? Sure, sounds good to me! Am I happy with the current incarnation of Nebula? Absolutely. That's all :mrgreen:
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby darren » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:12 am

giancarlo wrote:about typing a value: it is not possible and it will never be due to our architecture (it's not the gui, it's about calculation of values)

So I can use a slider to select, say, 50 .. but I cannot actually type in the value 50?

Thats some architecture!
darren
User Level X
User Level X

Postby schismatic » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:39 pm

Kinda agree with Darren. This thing could be huge if it was designed for people. As it stands, it won't ever grow past its current existence until a big company decides to buy your technology, implement decent GUIs and rinse you out of the money you could have had. Sad, but likely.
schismatic
User Level II
User Level II

Postby zabukowski » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:12 pm

darren wrote:
giancarlo wrote:about typing a value: it is not possible and it will never be due to our architecture (it's not the gui, it's about calculation of values)

So I can use a slider to select, say, 50 .. but I cannot actually type in the value 50?

Thats some architecture!

As a NebulaMan developer I will try to explain this 'direct value entry' problem.

Each Nebula parameter has a fixed list of values for each parameter. These values are defined by a program/preset developer. They are different from program to program, and their number is different as well.

NebulaMan handles this by analyzing all possible values of the each parameter and then using a dropdown list of these values for selection. Rather catchy stuff. Because of this, NebulaMan doesn't allow direct value entry as well!!! It would be rather difficult to control and catch all possible user entry errors which could occur.

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula