Login

Problem making copies of n2p files for 'Timed' tweaks

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Problem making copies of n2p files for 'Timed' tweaks

Postby russianpolecat » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:29 pm

Hi, so I've moved this across from the transient loss thread because I don't want to clog that one up with this particular problem.

I want to make use of the Timed tweaks, but sensibly I don't really want to be altering the raw n2p files because obviously you can mess things up if you make a mistake. So, I wanted to make some copies and add HQ to the end of each program so I can use those to mess with etc.

So, via NAT I alter the files and hit save. Problem is, the new files aren't showing in Nebula...

Just so you can see what I'm doing, I installed Nebula on my laptop and just copied over one n2p file to make it easy to see -

Original file

Altered file

Programs folder

Nebula

As you can see, the HQ file is in the program folder, but it isn't showing up in Nebula...

Any ideas? (thanks to Cupwise and others who've already suggested a few things, but unfortunately we're stumped! - see the transient loss thread for stuff attempted so far)

Chris
russianpolecat
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: Problem making copies of n2p files for 'Timed' tweaks

Postby russianpolecat » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:44 pm

Anybody?

I dunno maybe it's a NAT issue...
russianpolecat
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Melon_Jack » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:51 pm

Did you tried "Save As" inside Nebula? Seems this method working fine, at least for me.
Sorry for my bad english =))
Melon_Jack

Postby Cupwise » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:58 pm

do the files have the same size?
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby russianpolecat » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:28 pm

Cupwise wrote:do the files have the same size?

They do.
russianpolecat
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby russianpolecat » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:29 pm

Melon_Jack wrote:Did you tried "Save As" inside Nebula? Seems this method working fine, at least for me.

Well - it seems to work! I have no clue why it doesn't work the other way around. A bit annoying that I can't change the names of stuff though now...

Thanks anyway for your help guys, at least I can have a play now!

Chris
russianpolecat
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Cupwise » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:21 pm

see if you can make a copy by using 'save as' in nebula, then load that copy into NAT's edit screen and see if you can at least change the program name there.

i still have no idea why you can't get copies made in NAT to show up. it'd be the fastest way of doing it.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby Melon_Jack » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:15 am

That's really strange.. Since NAT is Win app i don't have right now any opportunity to test this, but i'll definitely do this then i can.
Maybe NAT settings is corrupt or something? I've used NAT in 2010 then purhased Nebula, but can't remember that problem..
Sorry for my bad english =))
Melon_Jack

Postby russianpolecat » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:21 pm

I don't know, I'm even more confused now. Basically, the EMT 140 plate that I made a copy of in Nebula - well, NAT allowed me to make a copy of it/alter it, and the new file showed up (the process as it is supposed to work in other words). However, the Selmer bass and Gemini 1073 Pre that I also used as a test - well, as before I've made copies via Nebula, but when I then try to alter those copies in NAT (as with the EMT 140 plate copy) I have the same problem has I had to start with. So, some files work (in NAT) and some don't. Effectively, Neb is the only place that I can make copies. Which means that if I want to alter the name of a file I have to make a copy in Neb, plus another HQ copy in Neb. Laborious!

:shock:
russianpolecat
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby russianpolecat » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:41 pm

Success! Sort of...

OK, so for some reason I tried this - altered the original name of a file first - hit save. closed and then reopened NAT. Imported the new file, and edited the next name section. Hit save.

Success! The new file shows up in Neb. Bizarre.

:D
russianpolecat
User Level XI
User Level XI

Next

Return to Working with Nebula