can someone explain the liquid control?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

can someone explain the liquid control?

Postby Scottf » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:35 pm

Cant find an explaination what this is?
Scottf
User Level VI
User Level VI

Re: can someone explain the liquid control?

Postby Melon_Jack » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:34 pm

It control how kernels blends with each other, something like that. Don't touch it and all be OK)
Sorry for my bad english =))
Melon_Jack

Postby botus99 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:24 pm

Read the FAQ

1 What is liquidity?

Liquidity is an interesting concept, and to understand it requires some understanding of the technology behind Nebula. Simply speaking, liquidity is a parameter that controls the way in which impulse responses are mixed together in the time domain. It is implemented via smooth technology created by Acustica Audio. The liquidity fader controls the fades between these impulse responses. High liquidity levels can bring out phase issues and too low liquidity levels can create little clicks or noise on some presets emulations. The slider is present so you can adjust the amount of liquidity to match the desired result. Typically, keeping the liquidity level low will result in a more realistic emulation of sampled equipment.

I would leave this parameter alone (along with the attack/release controls on preamp emulations).
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby Scottf » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:46 pm

Hey, thanks
I'm so glad using some of the freebies
Earlier I said I'd ask before doing something
With it, only cause I was already getting
Some nice results

.. For reverbs would u leave attk rels
Alone too, add ill add a question
In pro mode what extra parameters are there
For reverbs or is it just an unmodifiable "capture"
Thanks..
Scottf
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby botus99 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:05 pm

One thing about reverbs is you can click KERN on the bottom and adjust the length of the kernels to adjust the length of the reverb. Give it a try 8-)
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Return to Working with Nebula