Login

"cudart.dll is missing" – I'm clueless...[SOLVED]

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

"cudart.dll is missing" – I'm clueless...[SOLVED]

Postby beingmf3 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:25 pm

...and Giancarlo is, too! From time to time I get this message when loading Nebula (no matter which, Pro or Server). It follows no scheme when this alert appears, sometimes I can work for 2 days without, and then it pops up almost every time I add a new instance. And I have the impression that some minor hiccups I experience with Nebula are related to that issue.

Of course I've asked GC about it, and he told me to delete the relevant cudabr.dll('s) from the Windows folder. But there are no such files – he had several scenarios in mind what could be wrong, but I have a completely normal C:/ disk (not removable), I have uninstalled any Nvidia and CUDA stuff with Revouninstaller's registry scan recently.

Anybody knows what's wrong??
Last edited by beingmf3 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
beingmf3

Re: "cudart.dll is missing" – I'm clueless...

Postby dagovitsj » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:08 pm

Hi!
Not sure, just a shot in the dark: but I recall I had something similar and found out the hard way that I had installed the wrong version of the CUDA kit. Don't know if this apply to your problem, but I remember I was very frustrated that there were different info about which CUDA kit to use. Here is a snippet of my posting:

The tread is called:http://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=25002&hilit=CUDA

"Sorry folks! My bad, I had downloaded the wrong CUDA toolkit. I thought I should be looking for a file called 4 RC2, but that was from an old faq. The correct one, if you're on Win7-64bit, is called: cudatoolkit_4.0.17_win_64.msi

Realized that I haven't fully understood where all the great info is in this forum. Discovered a "section" where there is a lot of useful info - so for all the newbies (today I was too...!), look here:

viewforum.php?f=10

Cheers!"

Hope that can help you on your way.

Cheers
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby tbentley » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:51 pm

tbentley
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby giancarlo » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:58 pm

you don't have cuda but cudabridge installed, remove cubr*.dll from your system32
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby beingmf3 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:51 am

giancarlo wrote:you don't have cuda but cudabridge installed, remove cubr*.dll from your system32

That's what it's all about: this file doesn't exist anywhere!
beingmf3

Postby beingmf3 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:58 am

@tbentley!!!! Thanks a lot!
@Giancarlo: the file is called "NeCuBr*.dll" and I found it in SysWOW64!

Just deleted that file and I'm confident that the issue is solved now!
Thanks for your help everybody!
beingmf3

Return to Working with Nebula