Login

Implementing the HO 'AIR' [Klaritizer] library

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Implementing the HO 'AIR' [Klaritizer] library

Postby mr.tele » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:00 pm

winrob wrote:In fact it would be sufficient to just create eight new presets, all with the Full Frequency and one of the engines bypassed and the level set to full on the other one.

This makes sense to me. I think it would simplify it's use and make it much more variable.
mr.tele
User Level X
User Level X

Postby RJHollins » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:13 pm

hmmm ... except that the curve response changes [shape] as the applied levels change.

I don't believe that using only the MAX preset with blending of wet to dry is the solution [though it may work for a particular use].

I've not worked the library as detailed as I will be. Currently I'm making VST Controllers to handle a library from a single interface. Several EQ's have been done, but this AIR unit requires some specific strategies.

Hope to hear from Henry.

Thanks
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby winrob » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:54 am

RJHollins wrote:hmmm ... except that the curve response changes [shape] as the applied levels change.

Oh, didnt realise that. Well in that case we'd need the 8 presets as i described but wih the gain continuously sampled from min to max, instead of just at max.
winrob
User Level III
User Level III

Postby mr.tele » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:37 am

RJHollins wrote:hmmm ... except that the curve response changes [shape] as the applied levels change.

Oh, well then... never mind... :oops:
mr.tele
User Level X
User Level X

Postby winrob » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:33 pm

Henry?
winrob
User Level III
User Level III

Postby delchambre » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:49 pm

So, here is the result of the following test : http://www.delchambre.be/audio/Kush_Aud ... la_vs_DSP/

A : Plug-in+Mojo
B : Plug-in
C : Nebula

I didn't like the mojo on the plug-in but in the other test below, it's another story, I don't regret the few euros spent in ...

I made a last test before Clariphonic DSP trial expires : kush audio plug-in VS Bidule (Plogue) including 3 instances of Nebula 3 (AIR Focus / AIR Clarity / Mojo for dry), the idea was to be able to insert the "Nebula AIR" easily as the original vst.

I never used the hardware version but I prefer the Bidule+Nebula version(thank's Henry for the nice job).
It was a real surprise to me when I saw that Bidule+3 nebula took less cpu then the original vst, perhaps due to the jbridge on this dsp ? (I run Presonus Studio One x64 under Windows 7 x64 i5 2550K + 16gb + ssd).

You can hear the difference here :

https://soundcloud.com/delchambre/sets/ ... bidule-dsp

Bidule screenshot configuration with BlueCatAudio Frequency Analyst of the configuration (max peak mode) : http://www.delchambre.be/audio/Kush_Aud ... bidule.jpg

DSP screenshot : http://www.delchambre.be/audio/Kush_Aud ... phonic.jpg

So my personnal conclusion is :
- Nebula "AIR" sounds better (probably less differences in real life, because you don't have to turn the knobs so far)
- Nebula "AIR" takes less cpu (waiting for x64 release of Clariphonic DSP)
- Nebula "AIR" doesn't need an iLok2
- Nebula "AIR" is a lot off cheaper (if you already have bidule and nebula!)
BUT is not so easy to use as the original VST

except that when you use often you know what settings you have to load in Nebula ;)

Nebula rules, Nebula learn you to work with a clean attitude, thank's to all developpers.
delchambre
User Level I
User Level I

Postby winrob » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:20 am

Bought the mojo set last night, was going to demo it with the Clariphonic VST but i noticed it came with a bonus preset using Lift.

This gave me the opportunity to check out the possiblity of removing the dry signal. It actually works quite well, just need to run another track with the unprocessed audio phase inverted.

So, i think ill just grab the complete AIR library, gonna be a massive download though.

Doing it this way will make it easy to blend the 2 engines in parallel as the hardware does. Just need to set up a track template in Reaper so you can get this going quickly. No need for other vsts. ;)
winrob
User Level III
User Level III

Postby winrob » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:53 pm

Heres how i'm doing it in Reaper...

I have attached a track template for Reaper that replicates the hardwares signal flow, just put the audio you want to Klaritize on the 'Original Audio' track, add an 'AIR - Focus' preset on the 'Nebula - Focus' track and an 'AIR - Clarity' preset on the 'Nebula - Clarity' track and you're good to go.

You can adjust the level of the 'Original Audio' and/or either of the 'Focus', 'Clarity' or 'AIR' tracks without affecting any of the other tracks and you can adjust the overall level with the 'Klaritizer' track. Leave the others alone.

Feel free to hide the Phase Inverted (PI) tracks, or any of the others, to tidy things up a bit. If you want to hear what any of the tracks sound like on their own, i suggest using an action to toggle the Master/Parent send on the unwanted tracks. You don't get any glitching that way. ;)

Update No. 2: Put the time adjustment on the correct tracks, oops. :)

Klaritizer.zip
(12.01 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Last edited by winrob on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:46 am, edited 8 times in total.
winrob
User Level III
User Level III

Postby davidgary73 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:22 pm

@winrob,

Thank you so much for sharing the Reaper Klaritizer template. Had been trying to make this work in Logic for sometime but found no solution. Had a go with your template and it worked really well.

Thank you and God Bless

Cheers mate
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram •
Logic Pro X 10.2.4 • OSX 10.11.6 • VEP 6 •
Magenta 3 • Green 3 • Navy • Pink • Sand • Lime • Nebula3 Server Ultimate •
http://www.purevolume.com/DavidGary
davidgary73

Postby winrob » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:57 pm

No worries, i'm happy i can give something back. :)

Just bought the full AIR bundle, it just sounds awesome. Did notice that 1 set of presets are mis-named though. [Fixed now, thanks Henry and David. :). http://www.nebulapresets.com/?product=h ... am-updates]

The Presence_Focus presets come from the 'Clarity' engine (not the 'Focus' engine), so should be labeled just "Presence" in keeping with the others from the Clarity engine.

Also, just used Nebula Setups to create 2 new plugins, Focus - with all the Focus presets in it and the same for Clarity. Replaced those with the Nebulas that are in the template now it's even closer to the hardware. :D

Note: The track template has been updated, re-download it if you grabbed it before i edited the original post.
Last edited by winrob on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winrob
User Level III
User Level III

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula