Login

Implementing the HO 'AIR' [Klaritizer] library

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Implementing the HO 'AIR' [Klaritizer] library

Postby beingmf3 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:33 pm

Just an update: I'm in contact with the developer of VSTForx, and it looks like he's trying to sort it out. I get great results with this "host" so far, but PDC doesn't work properly, and Reaper won't unload the plugin correctly when closing a project.

If you want to provide some input for the dev, please let me know, I'll forward it (in German, that is).
beingmf3

Postby RJHollins » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:10 am

beingmf3 wrote:Just an update: I'm in contact with the developer of VSTForx, and it looks like he's trying to sort it out. I get great results with this "host" so far, but PDC doesn't work properly, and Reaper won't unload the plugin correctly when closing a project.

If you want to provide some input for the dev, please let me know, I'll forward it (in German, that is).

Excellent 'beingmf3'.

I've gotten sidetracked on another project, so I've not been testing more with VSTForx.

If I can, I'd like to add anything I can to help the Dev. [which could only help us in the end].

As to PDC ... how are we able to test this? If you could share how you go about this [with REAPER], I'll try to test my setup. If possible, is the any specific, hard data, that we users could provide?

One design 'issue' I'd like to see addressed with VSTForx ... the scrolling display of VST plugs is a navigational nightmare :shock: First things first, though .... we have to have the app function properly.

Thanks for any details!

Sincerely.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:27 am

Benjaminjo wrote:I just bought the Klaritizer and its phunktastic.
Now, I've tried with bidule to work with this parallel method and I've got some problems/questions. Correct me if I'm wrong:

We got a dry signal passing through the unit and 2 WET signals going into the FOCUS and CLARITY engines. Those get mixed back into 1 single signal via the respective knobs.
Now to the Nebula version, if I use the KLARITY I can hear it's indeed the Dry and Wet already mixed (by the amount of effect you choose in the preset). So If I use both engines I'll get 2 dry and 2 wets, resulting in an increased output volume of the dry signal. So to compensate I have to decrease the volume of the nebula plugins, actually decreasing at the same time the output of the engines and the actuall effect of the unit. This leads to unpredictable output consistency.
For this to work correctly the nebula presets should represent only the wet signals coming out of the engines, without the DRY.
Looking at the schematics you can see that the FULL SPECTRUM signal can be bypassed, maybe just to let you hear the WET effect, so maybe it could be possible.

I hope what I'm talking here does makes sense, I would like to hear your thoughts.

Yes ... I do believe I'm following you on this. This was also one of my questions posted early [this thread] to Henry.

To your point, I have inserted in my 'parallel' chain, the FreeG plug for the moment, to balance each output. But each preset level needs to be checked.

IDEALLY ... what really should be done is to condense each sub-category into a single preset that has all the available gain settings as a single preset. It would also be great to have an interpolated version that would allow continuous gain changes from min to max.

To this last 'request', I understand that this is not the approach the Henry has taken with his libraries. I, for one, have not even tried to NAT anything, so I'm not keen to the complexities.

A possible thought ... maybe the KLAR samples could be sent to one of the other Devs to do a compiling ... thus allowing Henry to continue tackling the 'Reverb'. I would gladly repurchase !

BTW ... we may have a similar parallel process to do with the 'Massive/Passive' library, as this also uses a similar concept.

Keep this topic going!
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby beingmf3 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:12 am

RJHollins wrote:Excellent 'beingmf3'.

I've gotten sidetracked on another project, so I've not been testing more with VSTForx.

If I can, I'd like to add anything I can to help the Dev. [which could only help us in the end].

As to PDC ... how are we able to test this? If you could share how you go about this [with REAPER], I'll try to test my setup. If possible, is the any specific, hard data, that we users could provide?

One design 'issue' I'd like to see addressed with VSTForx ... the scrolling display of VST plugs is a navigational nightmare :shock: First things first, though .... we have to have the app function properly.

Thanks for any details!

Sincerely.

I just got an answer some minutes ago – there'll be a new version in March, commercial! He said he'd try (didn't really promise though) to fix the PDC issue for the next beta. Great news so far!

I asked him about the major changes for the commercial version, so maybe we could discuss them here with our Nebulistic point of view :). I'll keep you updated!
beingmf3

Postby delchambre » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:58 pm

Here is a little comparison between HO / DSP / DSP + mojo version ...

I used the mojo to the max but don't hear any differences :<

Mainly, if you have another solution then building 3 buses, I'm your man !

http://www.delchambre.be/audio/Kush_Aud ... la_vs_DSP/
delchambre
User Level I
User Level I

Postby winrob » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:17 am

My guess would be -

A - Nebula
B - plugin + mojo
C- plugin
winrob
User Level III
User Level III

Postby delchambre » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:09 am

winrob : I'll tell you later ...

Benjaminjo : I also just tried with bidule but have the same kind of conclusion as you, I will complete my test adding a bidule build with :
-AIR Open-Diffuse MAX (focus)
-AIR Presence MAX (clarity)
-Mojo MAX (dry)

For me Bidule config is the winner vs DSP, DSP + mojo etc ... and it's more simple to use because I just have to my bidule vst on my 2 buss ...

First I used bidule, I think it's a great solution with nebula, for example with EQ ...
delchambre
User Level I
User Level I

Postby winrob » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:30 am

Message me if you like...i wont tell. ;)
winrob
User Level III
User Level III

Postby winrob » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:29 am

Benjaminjo wrote:I just bought the Klaritizer and its phunktastic.
Now, I've tried with bidule to work with this parallel method and I've got some problems/questions. Correct me if I'm wrong:

We got a dry signal passing through the unit and 2 WET signals going into the FOCUS and CLARITY engines. Those get mixed back into 1 single signal via the respective knobs.
Now to the Nebula version, if I use the KLARITY I can hear it's indeed the Dry and Wet already mixed (by the amount of effect you choose in the preset). So If I use both engines I'll get 2 dry and 2 wets, resulting in an increased output volume of the dry signal. So to compensate I have to decrease the volume of the nebula plugins, actually decreasing at the same time the output of the engines and the actuall effect of the unit. This leads to unpredictable output consistency.
For this to work correctly the nebula presets should represent only the wet signals coming out of the engines, without the DRY.
Looking at the schematics you can see that the FULL SPECTRUM signal can be bypassed, maybe just to let you hear the WET effect, so maybe it could be possible.

I hope what I'm talking here does makes sense, I would like to hear your thoughts.

I'm considering buying this library but if this is correct it makes it impossible to replicate the signal flow of the original hardware.

This really needs each preset sampled with the "Full Frequency" set to bypass, so we can blend each of the "Clarity" and "Focus" engines in as required.

In fact it would be sufficient to just create eight new presets, all with the Full Frequency and one of the engines bypassed and the level set to full on the other one.

eg.

Full Freq + Clarity bypassed with Focus at Full Gain set to...

Tight + Lift
Tight + Open
Diffuse + Lift
Diffuse + Open

and

Full Freq + Focus bypassed with Clarity at Full Gain set to...

Shimmer
Silk
Presence
Sheen

This way we could use 2 nebula instances and either DAW routing or a VST to replicate the functionality of the original hardware.

In fact, i would be happy to pay for this to be sampled this way at 96kHz (preferably in stereo with the gain controls matched as close as possible) as a custom set. :)
winrob
User Level III
User Level III

Postby RJHollins » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:14 pm

We need Mr. Henry O to answer this important question as to the signal routing used during Nebulization.

This is an important library that would get much use, I believe.

I would also like to see this 'unit' get reorganized.
By that, I mean, have each sub bank, like the 'Life/Diffuse' have ALL gain settings combined into a single preset. And YES, it would be most welcome if gain was fully variable, rather than 2dB stepped.

I KNOW that Henry is very busy with so many projects. I wonder if time was the question if one of the 'other' Devs might take on the 'AIR' project ??

Just idea, thinkin' out loud.

First ... we need clarification as to the routing used. I sure hope the 'dry' signal was bypassed!

Thanks

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula