I've loaded each of the 'corrected' AIR library [ONLY at the 44.1k SR].
ALL Polarity issues HAVE been corrected !
I would expect that the alternative sample rate versions would mirror this ... but I've NOT specifically tested them. It would be nice for those using the higher rates to check and report back.
I had made a custom NEB version previously ... due to a name change, I went and made a updated custom version using 'ZABs' NebulaSetup app.
Upon further testing using Forex chainer [a VST plug that has patchbay wiring], I can confirm that the parallel processing is now working as expected. YEAH !
There IS one a 'level' aspect between the sub-category presets that I still want to check/verify to be certain that output levels are within tolerance [thought I noticed something ... but going to check to be certain].
A BIG THANK-YOU to Henry for the re-effort to get this correction done, and so promptly. Apologies for throwing a delay into other developing libraries. But if a reversed cable was the culprit ... imagine what would happen with something like a reverb patch or really, ANY patch. Polarity 'switching' can be a very effect 'tool' when you know it is being used. Doing so inadvertently could be an unexpected surprise if your final mix was playing back on a MONO club system, only to learn that that W-I-D-E stereo spread that you thought was hardware related, was indeed 180 out, and is GONE from the mix
To those who are not familiar with this particular unit ... let me say that this unique library is well worth adding to the arsenal ... forget that its a fraction of the hardware cost.
I do wish that the sub-cats could have been combined into a single preset, and that the gains were continuous, rather than 2dB steps. That would give us 6 presets with variable gain providing full function of the unit, AND still allow the parallel wiring to process the track as in the original hardware design.
That said, this is still a great & very useful tool to have ... just remember the designers caution ... it is very easy to overdo it. Get it to where its jammin' for you ... then CUT that level in half!
well, it's not a nebula issue but a limitation in nebula. You can't change sample rate later when a program is already loaded. It will not work. So nebula asks the sample rate just at startup, loads the correct sample rate before the host sends saved chunks (which causes preset loading). If the host tries to change rate later it's too late. So melda is doing it right, is trying to change sample rate but nebula will not react any more till next preset loading. All I can say, nebula cant' do that and can't reload presets each time input sample rate changes (there are live sessions where sample rate fluctuates continuously).
giancarlo wrote:well, it's not a nebula issue but a limitation in nebula. You can't change sample rate later when a program is already loaded. It will not work. So nebula asks the sample rate just at startup, loads the correct sample rate before the host sends saved chunks (which causes preset loading). If the host tries to change rate later it's too late. So melda is doing it right, is trying to change sample rate but nebula will not react any more till next preset loading. All I can say, nebula cant' do that and can't reload presets each time input sample rate changes (there are live sessions where sample rate fluctuates continuously).
Hi 'G' !!
I should have been more specific to the problem issue.
The Dev DID fix the sample rate problem that we had way before. I think it was showing an SR of 19k [or something like that]. This has been corrected to the point that Nebula now is working at my 44.1 project rate.
The OTHER problem still on going.
When I double click on the 'box' in Metaplugin, to open Nebula ... just less than a Billion Nebula's open along my task bar .... crash is the usual result as I could never keep up trying to close them ... they just keep on coming
If I right click and select 'open gui', things seem to be working ok ... but it might have gone crazy a time or two.
Maybe you'd know what this type of problem would be. I'm running WinXP-32 [sp-3], latest graphics driver nVidea. Has basically render the app too dangerous to use
Yes, it's "plugin delay compensation" – strange that on VSTForx' issue list the problem is marked as "resolved", yet in the unreleased version of 4/16/2012! The latest accessible beta dates the 4/10/2012, hm. I think I have to investigate further...
I just bought the Klaritizer and its phunktastic. Now, I've tried with bidule to work with this parallel method and I've got some problems/questions. Correct me if I'm wrong:
We got a dry signal passing through the unit and 2 WET signals going into the FOCUS and CLARITY engines. Those get mixed back into 1 single signal via the respective knobs. Now to the Nebula version, if I use the KLARITY I can hear it's indeed the Dry and Wet already mixed (by the amount of effect you choose in the preset). So If I use both engines I'll get 2 dry and 2 wets, resulting in an increased output volume of the dry signal. So to compensate I have to decrease the volume of the nebula plugins, actually decreasing at the same time the output of the engines and the actuall effect of the unit. This leads to unpredictable output consistency. For this to work correctly the nebula presets should represent only the wet signals coming out of the engines, without the DRY. Looking at the schematics you can see that the FULL SPECTRUM signal can be bypassed, maybe just to let you hear the WET effect, so maybe it could be possible.
I hope what I'm talking here does makes sense, I would like to hear your thoughts.