Login

Implementing the HO 'AIR' [Klaritizer] library

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Implementing the HO 'AIR' [Klaritizer] library

Postby mweldridge » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:10 am

RJHollins,

Thanks for your extrordinary efforts in researching this issue. I inadvertantly experienced this problem but lack your experience and skills so it was a mystery to me. I am 100% in agreement with your assertion that the libraries need to be fixed if at all possible.
mweldridge
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Henry Olonga » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:18 pm

Hi guys,
Sorry for the tardy response but I have been down with a viral thing for a few days and am slowly emerging.
Thanks again for your diligence in tracking this down RJ. It well may be that one of my XLRs must have the wrong hot pin. :x . Look forward to tracking it down. I can see how your methodology would require you to work in parallel so I will pursue this soon - I will need to fix every other one of course so it is half the work. Maybe three or so days should do it.
Fix scheduled amongst other things and will add the G-drive to the ones without it but this does require a full re-crypt. No time frame I am afraid but will start in the next few days ;) .
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:35 am

Hi Henry,

Sorry to hear the 'V' thing hittin' you ... glad you're getting the upper hand :)

Thank-you for revisiting the AIR situation, and very appreciative to hear that a fix is able to happen.

This is such a unique and powerful tool, and hope the whole community makes the purchase.

Without pressing the 'request' button too hard, I hope that someday it would be possible to combine the separate gain presets into a complete set such that one NEB instance would handle a subset from MIN to MAX. For now, it still is a powerful tool, and happy that it is available to all Nubulites 8-)

Again ... Thank-you.

Sincerely.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby davidgary73 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:45 pm

Shalom Henry Olonga,

I reckon there will be a revision to all the "Air" presets and we need to redownload again right after the fix?
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram •
Logic Pro X 10.2.4 • OSX 10.11.6 • VEP 6 •
Magenta 3 • Green 3 • Navy • Pink • Sand • Lime • Nebula3 Server Ultimate •
http://www.purevolume.com/DavidGary
davidgary73

Postby RJHollins » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:52 pm

I guess this would have to change in the larger 'vector' files, and for each sample rate [I've only ran the 44.1 files.]
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby djomardiaz » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:14 pm

Yes i can confirm that in the 96k presets there are the same phase cancellation issues.
Paz hermanos.....
djomardiaz
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:18 pm

davidgary73 wrote:Shalom Henry Olonga,

I reckon there will be a revision to all the "Air" presets and we need to redownload again right after the fix?

Yup David,
Sorry about that especially folks with bandwidth issues. Just the ones needing fixing will be replaced but there is no need for me to store the fixes separately in the cloud so I will replace the old ones. That means a redownload of everything and the g-drive update will be added as well.
Last edited by Henry Olonga on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:46 pm

RJHollins wrote:Hi Henry,

Without pressing the 'request' button too hard, I hope that someday it would be possible to combine the separate gain presets into a complete set such that one NEB instance would handle a subset from MIN to MAX. For now, it still is a powerful tool, and happy that it is available to all Nubulites 8-)

Hi RJ,

I had thought of this but the combinations are almost endless. Help me understand some of the combos you are imagining and would be useful to you. Mathematically it could be a nightmare trying to cover the scope of all combos.
I haven't ventured into the combo sea yet so I would have to learn it. It may not need new downloads but new program files. Will ask the gurus who know better then will add it to the to do list.
All the best
Henry
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:15 pm

Henry Olonga wrote:
RJHollins wrote:Hi Henry,

Hi RJ,

I had thought of this but the combinations are almost endless. Help me understand some of the combos you are imagining and would be useful to you. Mathematically it could be a nightmare trying to cover the scope of all combos.
I haven't ventured into the combo sea yet so I would have to learn it. It may not need new downloads but new program files. Will ask the gurus who know better then will add it to the to do list.
All the best
Henry

Hi Henry,

Just back from some major dental work, so the last few brain cells are .... trying to focus :lol:

The 'combo' thing I think would be quite the challenge and put the preset demands quite cpu heavy. Not knowing the NAT workings, yet understanding the mathematically combinations might, indeed, NOT be something to jump on as a first time :P

My personal thought would hopefully be doable [though as you say, consulting with the other devs might be very useful].

Here's my thought. Just as with many eq packages. Assembling each sub-group so that it would contain all the 'GAIN' settings within a single preset [Min, +2, ..., +12, MAX] rather than separate gain snapshot presets. I would think that keeping the individual sub-category would see be good. In other words, Lift, Open, Present, Sheen, Shimmer, and Silk sub-cats could remain as separate presets, but each would contain all the gains available.

There is an SOS review that I have [free link] that has a useful graphics that layouts the signal flow of the hardware. I'd post it here but I don't want the to violate the 'discreet' policy [however, I could PM it to you ... or, if you feel ok, I'd post it here as it would be useful to anyone with the library. [let me know].

Also let me know if what I posted makes any sense :shock: After I get some 'meds' and shut eye, I may be able to better explain.

Of course, depending on how ambitious you'd want to go, there would also be a more integrated preset combination that would basically use a switch setting in NEBULA ... whereby the preset would consist of just the 2 main engines, Focus and Klarity.

The Focus preset would switch between 'Lift' or 'Open' with all gain setting available.

The 'Klarity' engine would contain 4 sub groups, 'Presence, Sheen, Shimmer, Silk, again with all gain available.

Really, the preset would function much like a standard, 2 setting, equalizer ... except the frequency would switch the available sub groups, and there would also be gain.

The important things is that the Focus and Klarity engines must be separate, as the usually have both separately available and can be wired in parallel to tap only the original signal directly.

Sounds more complicated than it really is, but the flow chart really makes it easy to visualize the preset layout.

Hope this rambling made any sense ... please, as if I can provide any additional info or data.

Sincerely.

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

UPDATES Available now

Postby Henry Olonga » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:49 pm

Hi guys hopefully fixes are complete now,
All of them are up except AIR 7 which should be up within an hour and half.

For the sake of those who do not know - I have updated the AIR series to correct a phase4 issue so if you have bought and downloaded prior to the last hour then please use your original links to get the update. I have gone through all visible transactions and e-mailed everyone concerned. If you should have received an e-mail message but didn't just first check your account or links first to see if they work. I have given a week to download and if you run out of download attempts just let me know. You will use the same passwords.
Please delete all the original files manually. A couple of file names have changed so don't just try to overwrite - it will leave some redundant files behind.

Don't forget to delete your ~scanboot.xml file in the setups folder and empty the temp folder as well. This will help rescan the new files properly.
Please keep the original files if you have the space for a few days just to make sure that I haven't messed it all up. ;). Let me know if anything odd shows up please
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula