Login

control nebula with the plugin what you want (reaper only)

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: control nebula with the plugin what you want (reaper onl

Postby joshuagomez » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:53 pm

And PEV EQ!

Everything is ok but there is a problem.Presence sections knob isn't linear in this program.So i did seven plugins and everyplugin has different presence.When you download,you will understand :mrgreen:

This picture is an example.

There are seven plugin like this. Presence fixed 1.4 kHz in this plugin.

You can download plugins and chains;
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/91809016/PEV%20EQ.rar

Thanks!
Last edited by joshuagomez on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joshuagomez
User Level II
User Level II

Postby djomardiaz » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:42 pm

Greatt workk Joshua, hopefully we can have one like this for each library, many thanks!!!!
Paz hermanos.....
djomardiaz
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby elam » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:15 am

Nice idea and nice job people.
I'll use it for sure.
Thanks a lot for sharing and for your time.
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby RJHollins » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:12 am

I have a question regarding the 'behind the scenes' working of REAPER's parameter modulation [which I should probably ask there] ... but maybe understood here.

If we are using a particular algo VST as a type of GUI'd interface that is linked to several NEBULA instances ... are these 'Param Mod's' operating via the MIDI controller function? In other words ... is the 'master VST' sending MIDI data via PM to control specific controls to NEBULA ... or is it something more simple like plain numeric data??

In specific, I'm trying to better understand how particular NEB libraries, that may have fully interpreted values, and those that have 'stepped' values would communicate. Ideally, this controlling GUI interface would mirror the specific NEB.

More and more I'm finding REAPER to being of great value for the money. I still assemble CD's with WaveLAB, but find processing files with Reaper a much more flexible environment.

With this developing idea of controlling multiple NEBULA's via a single GUI interface [saved as FXChains], this seems a major work flow improvement.

The next step would [if these becomes a 'best of' solution, is to find a GUI deveolpment app that would allow a GUI design->VST for us non programmers. I'developmentve looked at SynthEdit & an open source dev package as 2 possibilities. Still need more specifics and understanding yet.

Thanks to all those contributing ... and hope this continues developing.
8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby djomardiaz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:24 pm

RJHollins wrote:I have a question regarding the 'behind the scenes' working of REAPER's parameter modulation [which I should probably ask there] ... but maybe understood here.

If we are using a particular algo VST as a type of GUI'd interface that is linked to several NEBULA instances ... are these 'Param Mod's' operating via the MIDI controller function? In other words ... is the 'master VST' sending MIDI data via PM to control specific controls to NEBULA ... or is it something more simple like plain numeric data??

In specific, I'm trying to better understand how particular NEB libraries, that may have fully interpreted values, and those that have 'stepped' values would communicate. Ideally, this controlling GUI interface would mirror the specific NEB.

More and more I'm finding REAPER to being of great value for the money. I still assemble CD's with WaveLAB, but find processing files with Reaper a much more flexible environment.

With this developing idea of controlling multiple NEBULA's via a single GUI interface [saved as FXChains], this seems a major work flow improvement.

The next step would [if these becomes a 'best of' solution, is to find a GUI deveolpment app that would allow a GUI design->VST for us non programmers. I'developmentve looked at SynthEdit & an open source dev package as 2 possibilities. Still need more specifics and understanding yet.

8-)

Hi Rj, the concept of how reaper link parameter eachothers is the next one, all parameter that can be automated in reaper, can be linked to another one,a parameter does the function of "master" and the other is the "slave" ,tha "slave" parameter cant be tweaked by itself when you linked it to a "master" parameter,you have several options to match accurately the parameter values (offset, direction, range,percentage), whit exactly modelled skins and plugins, theres no problem, because the preset libraries in nebula are captured with that exact values, but there are some that they arent,then you have to tweak precisely and not allways the values matches eachothers,reaper has a wet/dry knob for all the effects-synths,you only need to put this knob alldry or simply deactivate the plugin.
Paz hermanos.....
djomardiaz
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby joshuagomez » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:18 pm

BTW is there any way to cyrpt programs with dll?

Nat crypt has something like this,i guess.
joshuagomez
User Level II
User Level II

Postby mweldridge » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:07 am

RJHollins wrote:The next step would [if these becomes a 'best of' solution, is to find a GUI deveolpment app that would allow a GUI design->VST for us non programmers. I'developmentve looked at SynthEdit & an open source dev package as 2 possibilities. Still need more specifics and understanding yet.

8-)

Reaper has it's own development system of sorts. It's not the easiest to use but manageable once you get the hang of it.
mweldridge
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby RJHollins » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:22 am

Sorry I was so unclear of my question regarding Parameter Modulation.

Apparently I did a lousy job at the REAPER forum ... no response.

THE question. Is the communication that is linking the parameters MIDI protocol, or is it just passing standard numeric data ???

I've been using this 'feature' in REAPER since it was first mentioned here.

I'm trying to understand what would be needed [software wise] to consider a GUI interface that could be PM linked to a stack of NEBULAs. What I've not found is what the data stream consist of.

There are apps like SynthEdit, and CNTRL, that can create VST's ... but I don't know what data format would be required.

I've tested this concept using the included JS plugs in Reaper ... and it works ... just no 'nice' GUI as yet.

It's just an idea that I'd like to better understand, and if it could help 'others' in promoting this concept ... we might all benefit.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby djomardiaz » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:21 pm

I cant see in the manual something about the protocol that reaper uses to link the parameters, but one thing is clear, if a parameter can be automated by reaper, can be linked.

Some days ago i found this,http://jof.org.uk/#57, there are simple photorealistic hardware recall vst plugins,the parameters can be automated soo they can be linked,i think in synthmaker this kind of stuff can be done easy,its not the perfect solution but, bit a bit we can improove the concept i guess.
Paz hermanos.....
djomardiaz
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby RJHollins » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:58 pm

Made some headway using 'SynthMaker' to create 'dummy' VST's to link Nebula & Reaper via 'Parameter Modulation'.

I was missing a 'Preset Manager' module in my model.

Still playing with the concept.

The first 'model' is a single component called a 'Radio' button. I've have the logic working correctly [that is tricky].

Still much more to experiment and learn ... but at least we've had some success and progress :)

RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula