Login

control nebula with the plugin what you want (reaper only)

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

control nebula with the plugin what you want (reaper only)

Postby djomardiaz » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:53 pm

Well guys, i have nebula for two weeks ago, i love it, but the interface bores me and the fact that we need opening one nebula per band, and thats very annoying, ok.

If you dont know it, Reaper has an option called "parameter modulation", wich allows you to control or modulate, a parameter of the plugin what you want with, audio in, (tipical sidechain function), LFO orrrrrrr, this is the key, link it with a parameter of another plugin, well, its very simple, with this function, you can link for example, the parameter controls of a plugin with the interface of a S*L eq, like, waves, ikmultimedia or whatever you want, withe all the parameters of the diferent instances of nebula, its a good idea right?,important,mute off that plugin in order to the audio dont pass trough it, we only want that plugin for midi control all the nebula instances ok.Well, this morning i though, eeyy, why not do the same with the UAD plugins, without a card they dont work but, i can move the parameters, anddd yessss, it works, only with the 64 bits plugins and with the UAD plugin off, because if you dont off the plugin, everytime you push play in your daw, a window apears telling you, theres not a UAD card, thankss UAD for make such beautifull skins in your plugins xD,continue emulating real hardware.

Well, here you have an example that ive made with waves puigtec and alexb librarie 64 bit 44100, put it in your fxchain folder in reaper, i dont know if it works in 32 bits ok, good luck, if dont work for you, well, do it yourself, its very ease.

http://www41.zippyshare.com/v/58031967/file.html
Paz hermanos.....
djomardiaz
User Level IV
User Level IV

Re: control nebula with the plugin what you want (reaper onl

Postby ngarjuna » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:13 am

You know...that's a very inventive solution. It seems conceivable to me that someone could manufacture a whole front end that was nothing but faceplates, knobs and buttons for exactly this purpose. This is a very cool idea, thanks for sharing!

I would personally also really like to see a cool hardware controller specifically for controlling Nebula (certainly it could be extensible beyond that but with that as its primary design consideration).
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby djomardiaz » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:02 am

2 hours ago, ive made a fxchain with the vxnt 140 and the skin of the 140 plate of uad, with a eq , a predelay , a amplitude modulator and a width stereo vst, all them linked to the parameters of the uad 140, i cant share it because ive used some 3rd company plugs in the chain, but , you can use what you have in your collection, now i have much more control of the reverb in one single and beautyfull interface, fantastic, i know that its not the perfect solution but, ehh, its better than changing of instance everytime you want to tweak something,peaceeee!!!
Paz hermanos.....
djomardiaz
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby RJHollins » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:41 am

OK ... now this is really cool.

I'm using the 32 bit NEBULA version along with REAPER32, so the initial FXChain posted only loads the Waves plug and loads 'place holders' where the 64 bit plugs would go.

I loaded the FXChain into notepad, to see what's there.

At the NEBULA references, I changed the names to coincide with my plugs. I did only the first 2 NEB references [the preamp and the LOW]. Dropped that into REAPER, and it now loaded my plugs [1 Wave, 2 NEBS].

Sure enough, changing freq & level with the Waves GUI changed the NEBULA parameters.

I then tested the ON/OFF. Had a bit of a problem there. After some experimenting, I finally got the Waves plug and BOTH Nebulas to sync with the On/Off.

I have never played with REAPERS 'parameter modulation' stuff. So I still have stuff to learn.

But this is very interesting to say the least 8-)

Hopefully I can track down some info in the REAPER manual to get a better understanding.

Any tutorials floating around on this ???

Along these lines, we had a NEBULite put together an interface for a stack of S*L eq's. Not sure what happen with the project ...

But this concept you've presented has a ton of possibilities!

Thanks for sharing! :mrgreen:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby musicgreator » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:17 pm

musicgreator
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby djomardiaz » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:40 pm

Sadly, this method of linking parameters only works in reaper, thanks to that modulation function, i dont know if the other daws implements it,would be nice if "someone" make some skins that perfectly match the range values in the libraries,meanwhile, this way makes me happy xD.
Paz hermanos.....
djomardiaz
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby joshuagomez » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:30 pm

Hey!

I want to share my fx chain for Heritage Eq.

There are two files.A Heritage Eq.dll and fx chain file.

Heritage Eq is a plugin but any process :D Only GUI ;)

And drive knob controls all band's drive.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/91809016/Haritage%20Eq.rar

I will build for compressors,too. :D
joshuagomez
User Level II
User Level II

Postby djomardiaz » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:13 pm

Thankssss, it works like a charmmm, this is the concept,skins whit the correct values and parameters that we found in the libraries,i think if we create skins like this for the other eqs ,instances with 1 kernel for tweak it in real time and then, raise all the kernels before rendering,many thanks for this!!!!
Paz hermanos.....
djomardiaz
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby joshuagomez » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:26 pm

You're welcome!

Now i'm working on PEV eq with more realistic GUI :mrgreen:
joshuagomez
User Level II
User Level II