Login

Nebula not creating .ser file ?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Nebula not creating .ser file ?

Postby Cashflow14 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:26 am

Hey guys,

First post on your forum but definitely not the last. So I first tried out Nebula free(Reaper user here!), liked what I heard then decided to purchase the full version. I'm on pc with Win7 64bit home version.
After purchasing the full version I downloaded it, uninstalled the free version then installed the full version. Next I ran an instance of both Nebula 3 and Nebula Reverb in Reaper. Following that I went into the nebulatemprepository folder so I could upload my .ser file and get the proper authorization, but for whatever reason nebula did not create the .ser file. I did a windows search and found nothing. I tried a few more times before an uninstall/Reinstall; tried again still nothing.
When I first run Nebula 3 bundle, it will go through 8 different processes(1-8 some kind of boot up for nebula) ending at #8 where it says something to the effect of "Authorization failed". It never gets to the INIT screen.
Can anyone provide any guidance in how to fix this problem ? Am I doing something wrong here ?
Cashflow14
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Nebula not creating .ser file ?

Postby richie43 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:38 am

Yo Cashflow. I just responded on the Reaper forum.... Nice to get another Reaper user over here on the dark Side....
Anyway, you may be having some kind of permissions issue if you are installing to the default (C drive, perhaps). Try uninstalling (again!), and look for leftovers from the free Nebula as long as you are there, and unless you are freaky about this, install and run CCleaner, including the super light-weight registry cleaner. Reboot your computer, and then try to reinstall Nebula paying close attention to locations and such. If it still doesn't work, you may need to install with "elevated privileged" in Windows. I run my computer as an admin, and have the dreaded UAC disabled, so I don't ever run into these kinds of issues. But that comes with it's own risks, and unless you know them, don't bother going that far. But try my suggestions and post back on one of these forums.
I just thought of something: are you sure you are running the installation exe, and not the update? The errors you are having could be from installing the update with no first installation......
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Re: Nebula not creating .ser file ?

Postby enriquesilveti » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:57 am

Cashflow14 wrote:Hey guys,

First post on your forum but definitely not the last. So I first tried out Nebula free(Reaper user here!), liked what I heard then decided to purchase the full version. I'm on pc with Win7 64bit home version.
After purchasing the full version I downloaded it, uninstalled the free version then installed the full version. Next I ran an instance of both Nebula 3 and Nebula Reverb in Reaper. Following that I went into the nebulatemprepository folder so I could upload my .ser file and get the proper authorization, but for whatever reason nebula did not create the .ser file. I did a windows search and found nothing. I tried a few more times before an uninstall/Reinstall; tried again still nothing.
When I first run Nebula 3 bundle, it will go through 8 different processes(1-8 some kind of boot up for nebula) ending at #8 where it says something to the effect of "Authorization failed". It never gets to the INIT screen.
Can anyone provide any guidance in how to fix this problem ? Am I doing something wrong here ?

Welcome Cashflow14. You select wrong folders in the installation process. Please uninstall everything and try again.

5.7.1 Uninstall PC
Nebula setup include an automatic uninstaller located into control panel, add or remove programs.

5. Installation
Nebula is build in a installer setup for PC and MAC. Installer setups contains all system files and demo key after run an installer setup you should update to the last stable release running a upgrade setup.
Acustica Audio provides to 3rd party developers an automatic library installation available for PC and MAC.

IMPORTANT: Due NAT is only a PC x86 application you should install x86 and x64 version for run it.

5.1. Software and plug-in installation PC
Nebula build in an installer setup that will ask for two main folders. First installer will ask for VST plug-ins folder path and second will ask for the extra plug-in support installation folder path called NebulaTempRepository. You are free to choose both folders but you should use the same location with version upgrades to avoid errors and issues.

1. Run installer.
2. Click on next.
3. Accept the terms of the license agreement.
4. Click on next.
5. Select the VST plug-in folder path.
6. Click on next.
7. Select the plug-in support installation folder path, this is the NebulaTempRepository.
8. Click on next.
9. Click on finish.

IMPORTANT: If you plan to use Nebula FREE and Nebula commercial in the same computer you should choose a different program file folder for each installer setup (e.g. Nebula3PROTempRepository for Nebula3 PRO and Nebula3 FREE Nebula3FREETempRepository)

IMPORTANT: Nebula VST plug-in will copy in the selected VST folder path but inside a folder called Acustica.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Return to Working with Nebula