Login

Problem with Windows7, Cubase and server

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Problem with Windows7, Cubase and server

Postby Vando » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:23 pm

For a reason unknown to me my Cubase6 adds a file called Nebula that includes the .xml's and .dll's of my various Nebulas to my nebulatemprepository. Now I don't know how to use the remote server anymore. If I take it off nebulatemprepository the name of server disappears from the list of Cubase's plugins. If I take the server's .dll and .xml off Cubase VST plugins it don't have any effect, the name is still to be seen in the plugin list and and it could be used as an instance in C6, but it cannot get the connection to the server.
The situation remains the same if all the stuff is in Nebula file inside nebulatemprepository and inside Cubase VST plugins folder.

Has anyone any idea? At the moment I have no need for the server but in the future I'm sure I will.
Vando
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: Problem with Windows7, Cubase and server

Postby Vando » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:33 pm

Hi again!
After solving a couple of problems with Wavelab I'm once again ready to work the server thing.
My master computer is a Windows7 64 bit and my slave is 32 bit Windows XP. In the old days (before W7) I had two machines with XP's and had no problem with the server.
Am I right assuming that in the 64 bit computer the server should be x64 and in the 32 bit machine it have to be x86? Should they be the same version, for example 500a in both machines? At the moment there is a 500a in slave and 499n in master. Is this ok or not?
Vando
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby giancarlo » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:26 pm

yes they are compatible
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Vando » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:33 am

So 499 and 500 work together, right?
What about x 64 for 64 bit machine and x86 for 32 bit one?
Vando
User Level XI
User Level XI

Return to Working with Nebula