Login

Nebula keeps changing back to Init patch

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Nebula keeps changing back to Init patch

Postby nickw133 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:46 pm

Hey everyone,

I think this is my first post on this forum, so firstly hello :P

I've been having a strange issue today in Nebula (using Nebula 2) which I haven't experienced before.

I have one of AlexB's CLC MasterBuss programs on my master fader in my project. Every time there is a large peak on the master (even the song going from silence at the beginning to all the instruments starting), this instance of Nebula switches programs back to the Init patch. Sometimes instead of going to the Init patch, it goes a calibration program that was included in a guitar cab library (Kalthallen cabs) which I also find a little strange.

Anyway, I cannot get it to stay on the patch I want. I've never had this issue previously. At first I thought it was just the CLC programs, so I contacted Alex and he suggested increasing the RateCNV setting. I put it up to maximum (9000ms) but I was still getting the same behaviour in Nebula. Then I decided to just flip through a few other programs and see if any of them worked (I commonly have an instance of Nebula on my master fader and have never had this happen previously), and strangely, every program I load on the master is just changing back to that init patch whenever the song starts, as well as at a couple of other loud points (it always does it at the same spots). I've never had this happen before, and every other instance of Nebula within the session is functioning fine, it's just the one on the master.

So, does anyone happen to have any idea of the solution?

Thanks everyone
nickw133
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Nebula keeps changing back to Init patch

Postby nickw133 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:16 pm

Crisis averted, it seems my session had just maxed out my computer in the RAM department and it just couldn't handle one more instance of Nebula
nickw133
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby giancarlo » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:00 pm

maybe your sequencer is sending midi control messages, check automation or similar evil issues
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:02 pm

if it's a fam issues, server releases optimizes ram usage when you load the same program again
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby nickw133 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:54 am

Ah Giancarlo, it was some evil midi messages!

I had a look in the session and noticed that every midi channel had a program change at 3 spots in the song (all the major peaks). I didn't write this midi, so I had no idea it was there, and I also didn't know Nebula responded to midi program changes, so I didn't even think of this to begin with.

Thanks so much
nickw133
User Level 0
User Level 0

Return to Working with Nebula