Login

Can't save changes in Nebula3 CUDA - urgent! [SOLVED]

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Can't save changes in Nebula3 CUDA - urgent! [SOLVED]

Postby dagovitsj » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:14 pm

Hi!
I have read the FAQ about CUDA and Nebula3 Pro, downloaded the files, installed and everything is running fine until I change the parameters in MAST page,

'Mode: OPT FREQD: 11IPPS ch 2Mono' to '15CUDA ac 2Mono'. Then I get a blinking exclamation mark to the left of '15CUDA ac 2Mono', I press the save-button, and unload the plugin in Cubase 6.5.3. When I open it again, it hasn't saved the change, and it's still showing 'Mode: OPT FREQD: 11IPPS ch 2Mono'.

Can anyone help me to find out what's wrong?

Update: I can see that the two .xml files (Nebula3CoreII64 Reverb.xml and Nebula3CoreII64.xml) have a padlock on them, and as an administrator I can change them. But the new CUDA.xml which I made by making a copy of Nebula3CoreII64 Reverb.xml doesn't have this padlock, and the permissions on the file is also greyed out. This is probably the reason I can't save the changes in the MAST page or?
Last edited by dagovitsj on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: Can't save changes in Nebula3 CUDA - urgent!

Postby dagovitsj » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:25 am

Sorry folks! My bad, I had downloaded the wrong CUDA toolkit. I thought I should be looking for a file called 4 RC2, but that was from an old faq. The correct one, if you're on Win7-64bit, is called: cudatoolkit_4.0.17_win_64.msi

Realized that I haven't fully understood where all the great info is in this forum. Discovered a "section" where there is a lot of useful info - so for all the newbies (today I was too...!), look here:

http://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=10

Cheers!
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: Can't save changes in Nebula3 CUDA - urgent! [SOLVED]

Postby Benjaminjo » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:31 pm

Quote from Giancarlo:
"Instructions of PCWIN:
1) Install last Nvidia driver for CUDA 4.17 (it's named CUDA 4 RC2). Reboot.
2) Install last Nvidia CUDA toolkit (it's named CUDA 4 RC2).
3) Install the correct Acustica Audio CUDA bridge.
4) Run Nebula, go to MAST page and switch OPT FREQD to CUDA."

I think Giancarlo made a mistake here, the CUDA Toolkit 4.17 on the Nvidia Archived Downloads is CUDA 4 (not CUDA 4 RC2, thats the 4.13)
Benjaminjo
User Level III
User Level III

Re: Can't save changes in Nebula3 CUDA - urgent! [SOLVED]

Postby dagovitsj » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:06 am

Hi, Benjaminjo!
Yes, you're right - I did follow that instruction, and used precious hours to try to find out what was wrong. I found out that I had two different FAQ's, one old, and one a little newer. And:

I also realized that I hadn't taken the time to really know how to find relevant info in this forum. So kind of blame it on myself.

But it's kind of strange that we can't find Nebula FAQ, CUDA FAQ etc on the left column where it says 'FAQ', and not under Nebula > FAQ either. I would never search for this under 'Announcements' - but there it is, a lot of useful info.

I love Nebula, but I also would like to ask the moderators to consider a better organizing of the info. It's not very userfriendly/logic, at least not for newbies.

Suggestion:
Place all FAQs on the page you land on when you click 'FAQ' in the column to the left. That would be much more convenient.

Suggestion #2
Either correct the info in the 'receipt' which Benjaminjo is quoting, or just delete it.

Cheers
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Return to Working with Nebula