Login

Is there a manual

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Is there a manual

Postby tekniq » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:19 am

explaining all the stuff I can tweak under

MAST etc?

I am still Nebula 3 free - but strongly considering going pro.

The only thing hindering is the lack of information. I dont know exactly what plugins the pro version has. (It would be nice to have EQ and COmpressor aswell as one or two tubes / analog mixers).
tekniq
User Level I
User Level I

Re: Is there a manual

Postby richie43 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:57 am

viewforum.php?f=7

Check through the announcements postings,lots of great info. Also, here is the "manual" that installs with the Pro install. I uploaded it to Dropbox, you can view it or download it there.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jfcfxjnplkt4i ... 0guide.pdf

I have actually hardly ever read it, there is so much info here on the forum if you look. Personally, I am not a "tweaker" with Nebula. There ARE ways to make some presets perform better (maybe), but those tweaks have the ability to hinder other presets. Many people here will disagree with me on this, and hopefully they will chime in with the ways they tweak their Nebula. But I tend to choose to let the devs design their presets and I enjoy using them. Good luck, Nebula can do great things with your audio work!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby tekniq » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:46 am

thx. I bought the pro version too!

I give it a read though.

just I feel more secure when I do know what all those buttons are for ;) and why sometimes the sound doesnt change etc...

how long does this authorization process go? I still have only some free Libraries cause the official ones are not present (missing license I guess).

Are there some good overviews (with links and prices maybe recommendations) over all 3rd Party libs or do I have to browse all those sites manually?
tekniq
User Level I
User Level I

Postby richie43 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:12 pm

Some overviews right here on the forum. Look at the top tabs, under company and 3rd party devs. There are so many great libraries, instead of worrying too much, I always suggest that people just pick one or two and try them. Working with nebula is a learning process, don't expect to know everything right away. Ask tons of questions and use your ears.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby tekniq » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:13 am

yeah thats for sure ;)

I must say I LOVE the Equalizers!!!

the tubes and Consoles are nice too.

SOme of the Comps and Reverbs too.

But some "Effects" are so subtle and when I phase invert a copy without NEbula i can hear sometimes they are distorted a bit. SO this is then just like the hardware is..

Nice nice

I want to undertsnad more about how that system works. especially for compressors. The concept of changing a tone based on the impulse a effect or a room gives is understandable but how that thing works with hw comps is beyond my understanding - as there are different things that have to be taken into account.. attack behaviour etc... such stuff..

but there is no need to push it. I am already more than 1000x happy with these stock EQ's I got with NEbula 3. Good Job guys! Thats for sure.

Speaking as an electronic Producer i am anyway more interested in colouring EQ's etc. my compressor workhorses are enough - all thats lacking is colour and warmth.

and for this colouring nebula is very perfect. (not so for the bread and butter tool stuff I have to do - but maybe when I find some good filters?! we will see)
tekniq
User Level I
User Level I

Return to Working with Nebula