Login

Realistic usage of Server thru ethernet

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Realistic usage of Server thru ethernet

Postby dwagrimm » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:39 pm

An other interesting question for us user and for the developers is, how much nebula owner / user want to use nebula much more, like our idea with 5-6 or more instances per channel.
Some statements from some readers and user?
dwagrimm
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby musicgreator » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:26 am

I'd definitely like to use around 5 Nebula on every channel. Some channels need more, some need less.
musicgreator
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby elam » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:40 pm

dwagrimm wrote:Some statements from some readers and user?

That a very good question.It deserve a new thread.

Here,depending on the source I use 5/6 minimum per track and you can add 6 to 12 more in the path before it goes to the mix engineer.
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby dwagrimm » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:06 pm

@elam

you are right with a new thread. I do some more and start a poll to this question. I hope that create a better overview to this question.
dwagrimm
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby jelmet » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:57 am

How are we doing today with the server business?? Any news?
jelmet
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby Henry Olonga » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:31 pm

Just to give some feedback on this rather old thread. I am getting down to the business of mixing my own album and of course my own tools will be all over it. ;)

Well, I have determined that I want to work at 44.1 kHz as this is more along a pop easy listening. I have also determined that I wish to offload most of my processing to 4 powercore cards, 1 UAD card and leave as much room for Nebula so I have had to revisit the server thing as my CPU cannot handle too many instances. Remember DUAL CPU config on Windows 64 - my stats are earlier in the thread. I have updated to the latest Nebula version - 1.3.631.
I have not gone for anything elaborate on the first song. In fact just a few sprinklings of some mojo presets and a few Titan V2 shelves was enough for me to go from okay to great! :D
I have 7 instances so far on the server and it is at 30 percent CPU. I have softsynths running on the local computer and powercore stuff and it is 20 %. I am getting phenomenal stability at the moment. Just over the moon. Soooo..... to rap up my thoughts - I am sticking with the server version. FX teleport was a pain. Had to keep looking at the server LCD, keyboard etc.

I will say that saving a project now takes a lot longer. But I am just amazed at how the server version can make it happen. Highly recommended.
Cheers
HO
:lol:
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby biscoglio » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:31 pm

Hi Henry,

I know you're very busy, but if you'd post some detailed info regarding how you configured you computers using Nebula Server it would be greatly appreciated. Do you have them wired together or can this be used wirelessly? Sorry if these are noob questions but I've owned server for quite a while and never tried it yet beyond the local computer. Thanks!
biscoglio
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby enriquesilveti » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:37 pm

biscoglio wrote:Hi Henry,

I know you're very busy, but if you'd post some detailed info regarding how you configured you computers using Nebula Server it would be greatly appreciated. Do you have them wired together or can this be used wirelessly? Sorry if these are noob questions but I've owned server for quite a while and never tried it yet beyond the local computer. Thanks!

Use dedicated NIC 10 GB or 1 GB (Intel's ones) use crossed cable, CAT6 or 7. Use static IPs. Don't add any other networking gear in between.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula