Login

LOL- GS Thread on Nebula

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

LOL- GS Thread on Nebula

Postby richie43 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:38 am

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/768527-quality-nebula-3-against-quality-vsts-3.html#post8376370

This stuff cracks me up. Someone referred to Nebula's CPU usage as "unacceptable"..... Check out my response at the bottom. I understand peoples dismay, but it still cracks me up. I have just accepted that my CPU will be brought to it's virtual knees while I work on complex mixes. I accept that I will need to render/bounce tracks. I used to work on real hardware and tapes..... I did alot of bouncing then just to be able to use a certain eq on multiple sources.... So why is that a problem now? LOL.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Re: LOL- GS Thread on Nebula

Postby everbeatz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:10 pm

It's just a waste of time to argue over there me thinks..
everbeatz
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby SWAN » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:27 pm

some people just dont like Nebula...or they rail against it because they dont hear the difference...for some Pros its not fast enough...etc...

GS has always been a bit polarised towards Nebula - a lot of support - but also some didnt get it...some people who stick up for Nebula get labelled 'fanboi'...I realised its best to just be sensible about it - and calmly point pout any inaccuracies in what people say...and explain the Nebula ethos.
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby everbeatz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:51 pm

Nebula is not 'one click wonder' plugin, that's all. People here still find new ways dealing with overly tweakable settings/preferences, I just think it's kind of thing that rejects the most.

Nebula should evolve into simpler and more intuitive UI, all tweaks(in terms of settings) done in advance, implement proper (visual)metering and have just one skin/look. PROs just want to have a simpler solution that works flawlessly, not everyone has that amount of spare time to constantly compare things on the plugin market and to endlessly re-tweak plugin settings that look like advanced math.
I'd just say simplify Nebula, don't discontinue this one, but give a steady instance with limited capabilities. Something like Aqua, but even better

Like in everything, less is more...Nebula is definitely more than less, which is strangely perceived as not so user friendly/stable/etc.

Just my thoughts btw
everbeatz
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby richie43 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:54 pm

everbeatz wrote:It's just a waste of time to argue over there me thinks..

Absolutely. No point in arguing, there is something for everyone. It was late at night, I was deliriously tired from working on a cool musical project when I read this, and I just thought it was funny.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Mauri » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:03 am

everbeatz wrote:Nebula is not 'one click wonder' plugin, that's all. People here still find new ways dealing with overly tweakable settings/preferences, I just think it's kind of thing that rejects the most.

Nebula should evolve into simpler and more intuitive UI, all tweaks(in terms of settings) done in advance, implement proper (visual)metering and have just one skin/look. PROs just want to have a simpler solution that works flawlessly, not everyone has that amount of spare time to constantly compare things on the plugin market and to endlessly re-tweak plugin settings that look like advanced math.
I'd just say simplify Nebula, don't discontinue this one, but give a steady instance with limited capabilities. Something like Aqua, but even better

Like in everything, less is more...Nebula is definitely more than less, which is strangely perceived as not so user friendly/stable/etc.

Just my thoughts btw

I totally agree, I have'nt used Nebula for sometime now. I can't spend my time on one plugin, tweaking and wondering whether I'm getting the best out of it. Plus the compressors are somewhat iffy IMHO.

I'm very happy with all my UAD plugs, which by the way, have given my aging machine a new lease of life :) .

YMMV,

Mauri.
Cubase Pro 8 x64 + jBridge, W10 x64 Dual Boot on 2 SSDs + 3 SSDs for samples & project files, i7 5930K @ 4.2GHz, ASUS X99 Pro, 32GB RAM, RME HDSPe AIO, 2 x UAD2 Solo, Mackie HR624 MK2, 2 x 24" BenQ LED monitors, Nebula 3 Pro & Server x64.
Mauri
User Level X
User Level X

Postby SWANG » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:01 pm

ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Return to Working with Nebula