Login

GUI setting?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: GUI setting?

Postby richie43 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:03 am

Good work around RJHollins. Holding the shift key allows much finer adjustments, but it is still a little touchier and less precise as the last experimental version. But it makes it usable for me. the performance boost is worth it, and there are other cool things about the new GUI. I always had to click on a slider before the mouse wheel would be able to move it, and now it just requires a mouse over. that could be a great work-flow enhancer!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Mercado_Negro » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:12 am

Whoa! Thanks for starting this thread richie, it's good to know we can use shift+drag for ultra fine adjustments and shift+mw for fine adjustments... this is awesome!

Perfect for me! :mrgreen:
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby richie43 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:15 am

Thank RJHollins. I had installed the newest version, started loving the performance boosts, and then started getting angry that I COULD NOT make any fine adjustments. It was really ruining a great vibe and a getting great mix! I still think that it's not optimal, but it is at least making the new version usable for me. Were you getting the same glitchiness Mercado?
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Mercado_Negro » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:28 am

richie43 wrote:Thank RJHollins. I had installed the newest version, started loving the performance boosts, and then started getting angry that I COULD NOT make any fine adjustments. It was really ruining a great vibe and a getting great mix! I still think that it's not optimal, but it is at least making the new version usable for me. Were you getting the same glitchiness Mercado?

Well, I didn't notice it while beta testing it because I control my plug-ins with a control surface (and even more with Nebula since I've always hated with a passion Nebula's sliders/knobs behavior). I just read this, fired REAPER up, tested it and yes, the mouse-wheel isn't doing fine adjustments anymore but I'm not really sure how precise was 499n so I can't comment on that.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby richie43 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:32 am

499n worked quite well in that regard. But thanks for letting me know, at least i know that it's not just my system! I dream of the day when I can control my plugins with a control surface.....
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Mercado_Negro » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:37 am

richie43 wrote:499n worked quite well in that regard. But thanks for letting me know, at least i know that it's not just my system! I dream of the day when I can control my plugins with a control surface.....

I wish it were better... my control surface is a M-Audio Projectmix I/O so it's there on my desk and I have to move out of my sweet spot to move those faders and then move back to listen to the changes, sometimes my neck hurts since I intuitively try to lean my head back just to listen while I'm tweaking :lol: I've gotten used to it but I wish I had something like a Novation Nocturne which I could just hold on my hand and smile :D
Mercado_Negro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby richie43 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:41 am

Someday we all will have what we want for making music..... :D
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Vernon » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:08 pm

Mercado_Negro wrote:I've gotten used to it but I wish I had something like a Novation Nocturne which I could just hold on my hand and smile :D

I work with Nocturn and Reaper and all works well...knob's steps are ok for fine tuning.
I'm still on 499n version.
Vernon
User Level III
User Level III

Postby giancarlo » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:30 pm

richie43 wrote:Thank RJHollins. I had installed the newest version, started loving the performance boosts, and then started getting angry that I COULD NOT make any fine adjustments. It was really ruining a great vibe and a getting great mix! I still think that it's not optimal, but it is at least making the new version usable for me. Were you getting the same glitchiness Mercado?

I'll check this thing, though
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby richie43 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:42 pm

Thanks Giancarlo. As I said, at least I've found a way to use it. With all of the awesome improvements this version has (it seems) the glitchiness is almost trivial now that I know about using the shift key. Nebula is an amazing tool and I am glad that I am part of the Nebula craze this early on. Your business ethic and this forum is part of a very cool trend these days, like Reaper, and all of the 3rd party library vendors. Good job, and thanks for checking into this issue.

Rich
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula