Login

Advantages of SSD and Nebula?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Advantages of SSD and Nebula?

Postby Renan L.B » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:12 pm

Does anyone uses Nebula inside a SSD drive and can tell me what are the advantages? My first guess is less (or way less) loading times?

I'm setting up a new machine and i'm looking into buying a SSD drive exclusively for Nebula.. also what would be the best SSD drive in the $100/$200 price range for Nebula?

Thanks guys :)
Renan L.B
User Level II
User Level II

Re: Advantages of SSD and Nebula?

Postby greekpeet » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:20 pm

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/solid_state_drives/ocz_vertex_turbo_series_sata_ii_2_5-ssd

I bought the 30 GB drive simply for Nebula, difference is HUGE!

Saved me tons and tons of load time.

Things that took 10-30 seconds load in 1-3 seconds.

edit - Do not waste time with the Patriot brand drives, I was so unimpressed I thought it was broken! Also do your homework with SSDs, saving $20 can really cost you huge gains in performance.
greekpeet
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Renan L.B » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:32 pm

WOW that Vertex Turbo series is exactly what i was looking for price and size wise :) thanks!

Now all i have to do is find a online store which can ship one to Brazil. No luck around here unfortunaly.. local stores only have older Vertex models.
Renan L.B
User Level II
User Level II

Postby micstandbob » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:46 am

I just bought a Vertex 2 drive and load times in nebula are WAY faster than my Seagate 7200.12, however since i work in 44.1 at the moment, the SRC on all the 96k programs still takes the same amount of time. i tried out a 96k session yesterday and all the 96k reverb programs i tried loading took under 2sec. all the 3rd party eqs and consoles were nearly instant.

Darrell
micstandbob
User Level II
User Level II

Return to Working with Nebula