Login

2 notes about a gearslutz thread

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: 2 notes about a gearslutz thread

Postby mertayy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:44 pm

giancarlo wrote:What is not correct is that someone writes something negative about a product in a topic where you can't reply because it's not your topic.

Exactly! my point...someone writes "hey this new library is announced for Nebula..." and minutes later someone goes "Nebula sucks cause..." :P

Its ok to point out opinions but most doesn't even have a clue of what they're saying :roll:

What came to my mind was to carry such arguments to an educative place and level. Simply stating this is what it is,how it works, what it can do, what it can't do...otherwise its all chaos and pointless discussion. There will always be spammers but atleast the first post of a thread can represent the intention+information.

I can start it but there are way more suitable members in this community.
mertayy

Postby giancarlo » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:56 pm

agreed
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:09 am

it seems like they are tuning their algos by ear. It's completely the opposite of my vision (you have tools and you sample, you could compare using tools or ear or whatever showing results for thousands of attempts, engineers and gear, so a sort of supervalidation of the approach, which should be scientific for some degree, and if it works, it could be applied to everything, for example airplane modelling)
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:08 am

maybe you missed this announcement

I'm on vacation with my mac book, no internet. I'm working on au and... a technology for getting dynamic crosstalk working in nebula server (useful for summers, console emulations, multi track recorders emulations). All nebulas will communicate among themselves. The only drawback: you need a powerful pc/server, renderer will not work as expected. Server will be priced around 250 eur, as usually you'll pay the difference. The technology will be named nebulatalk. For mac osx we'll release clients before full server version. I'll modify renderer for offli e processing, but not immediatly. You'll need huge amounts of ram, than I'll try to reduce the ram usage (not immediatly).

and no, you can't model crosstalk just using a mixbuss instance. It's not a matter of how much signal you get on the wrong channel. Each channel needs to know what other channels are doing, they works in a different way if you are playing quietly 100 channels or just overloading 1.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby TranscendingMusic » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:40 pm

giancarlo wrote:maybe you missed this announcement

I'm on vacation with my mac book, no internet. I'm working on au and... a technology for getting dynamic crosstalk working in nebula server (useful for summers, console emulations, multi track recorders emulations). All nebulas will communicate among themselves. The only drawback: you need a powerful pc/server, renderer will not work as expected. Server will be priced around 250 eur, as usually you'll pay the difference. The technology will be named nebulatalk. For mac osx we'll release clients before full server version. I'll modify renderer for offli e processing, but not immediatly. You'll need huge amounts of ram, than I'll try to reduce the ram usage (not immediatly).

and no, you can't model crosstalk just using a mixbuss instance. It's not a matter of how much signal you get on the wrong channel. Each channel needs to know what other channels are doing, they works in a different way if you are playing quietly 100 channels or just overloading 1.

Right... and if it is claimed that crosstalk was modelled just at the mixbuss, only a false representation of it can exist. Like "fake harmonics". The virtue of crosstalk is a relationship; an interaction. This relationship and interaction does not simply exist on the mixbuss haphazardly. Crosstalk is a consequence of the interplay of channels. Not having the relationship present beforehand, you can't have true crosstalk. Crosstalk is a dynamic interaction and draws its consequence for that given moment for a given degree of interplay between particular channels.
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula