I just built a 2600K to run mac os on it, it's my second hack. It's OC'ed to 4Ghz but I'm not pushing it too hard because the cooling is underpowered for that. I've got 22 R2R (studer 15ips) and 22 Tape booster (+2 high) with buffer at 512 and CPU at 58%. Have to say I was backing up one HD from the internal SATA2 to an external USB and the browser was opened. This thing is a monster. I couldn't even open 10 of each on a quad 2.4 Q6600 (my last hack) with buffer at 2048. By the way, RATE CNV and Buffer are at max configuration here.
Ok, I'm running the .492 VST on Reaper and 10.6.8. Everything is 32 bit and I have 8Gb of RAM. I have the libraries installed on the SSD system drive and load time is very acceptable on that 44 nebulas test session. This particular session is 48K but I work 99% on 44.1 the the other 1% is 96Khz. I must say, this is the best thousand dollars I spent on a computer.
No problem, I have to finish a record I'm doing right now, that I've started BEFORE this new machine, so, it has only 2 instances of Nebula Next week I'll start another project, and that one will have a lot of Nebs (S*L EQ, Comp, A*I EQ, and more) and I'll find out what is the real power and usability on this machine. I'll keep you guys posted.
Ok, this was a small test I did. 44.1/24 there are around 18 instances of EQs, S*L and A*I from AlexB, there is a 4K dynamics on the kick, a A*I console bus on the Stereo Bus and a Chorus on a "return". Buffer is 512. There are 3 Reaverbs with impulses and a few other plugs as you can see! I recommend a setup like this!
Screen shot 2011-09-06 at 7.34.47 PM.png (228.78 KiB) Viewed 1414 times
What's the highest amount of instances loaded with 11 kernels programs under such configuration?
I can run 4 chains like this:
MTP mic TFK OTR-30-499-0 TapeBoost96Hi1 CLC IL1
at 96kHz, using 32 bit media files with a buffer size of 512 samples. My Core i5 750 @2.67GHz plus 4GB RAM (Corsair) it's fully maxed (99% CPU + 1.3GB.. well, RAM is not maxed) with a set up like this. REAPER 64 bit/Windows 7.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
I don't have the MTP thing, but I do own R2R and Tape+ and Vintage Blue Console... Do all of those have the 11 kernel thing? Just did a test" 1st insert is R2R Studer 15 IPS -40 2nd insert is Tape Booster +2 high 44.1 3rd insert is Vintage Blue Console IL2 Full quality... I rarely used Nebula with anything but the full programs... no point to use it w/o it's full potential. Session is 48K, buffer 512... It's brutal!
Screen shot 2011-09-06 at 10.54.25 PM.png (222.94 KiB) Viewed 1391 times