Login

New DAW - Changing From Win XP 32 bit to Win 7 64 bit

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

New DAW - Changing From Win XP 32 bit to Win 7 64 bit

Postby zwatrif » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:15 am

Hello everyone. Hope you're all doing well.

I just had a new DAW built and am finally going the 64 bit route. I was previously on Windows XP 32 bit and am now on Windows 7 64 bit. I have installed my 64 bit version of Nebula 3 Pro and now I will be installing 3rd party libraries. Will my 3rd party libraries work if I just copy my Nebula Program and Vector files from my old DAW to my new DAW? Or do I have to actually reinstall every 3rd party library one at a time?

Any help with this question is greatly appreciated!

-Mike
zwatrif
User Level V
User Level V

Re: New DAW - Changing From Win XP 32 bit to Win 7 64 bit

Postby ngarjuna » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:17 am

Copy/paste should work with one small caveat: your authorization (Init, in the programs and vectors directories) will probably not work with a new OS/machine. So you'll need to install your authorization again after you copy that stuff over.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby zwatrif » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:50 am

ngarjuna wrote:Copy/paste should work with one small caveat: your authorization (Init, in the programs and vectors directories) will probably not work with a new OS/machine. So you'll need to install your authorization again after you copy that stuff over.

Thanks for your help on this!
zwatrif
User Level V
User Level V

Postby CDJ » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:45 pm

I am also thinking of getting a new computer with CUDA and 64 bit, and wanted to do some homework prior to buying. Could someone tell me what is involved for re-authorizations?
CDJ
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby ngarjuna » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:24 pm

CDJ wrote:I am also thinking of getting a new computer with CUDA and 64 bit, and wanted to do some homework prior to buying. Could someone tell me what is involved for re-authorizations?

For a new computer I think it's the same as any first time setup:
-Install Nebula
-Open your host and instantiate Nebula (you won't have access to any commercial libraries yet)
-Get your .SER file and send it to Acustica
-They'll send you a license which, when installed, will get you fully up and running
ETA: At that point you could copy over your Programs/Vectors (just keep in mind, as I said earlier in the thread, this will overwrite your INIT authorization; so you would have to install that again after copying those folders but no big deal, you should be able to do that without too much fuss)
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby CDJ » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:48 am

Great - thanks!
CDJ
User Level 0
User Level 0

Return to Working with Nebula