Login

Nebula over FXteleport

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Nebula over FXteleport

Postby chagalj » Wed May 19, 2010 11:13 pm

Can someone explain how to setup a Nebula dedicated server, or if someone tried it over FX teleport? I have another PC which Im thinking to add to my studio setup and dont really know if its possible.
I also havent had any experience with FX teleport or VST bridge or any kind of 2 PCs connected over ethernet. I have one Cubase 5, does that mean that I should have another instance of Cubase also, for second PC?
chagalj
User Level IV
User Level IV

Re: Nebula over FXteleport

Postby Vando » Thu May 20, 2010 9:32 am

I have been using FXTeleport for years and there have been no problems with Nebula. It gets a little complicated with the latency if you want to use it on individual tracks, but for example in Cubase there is a latency compensation so it's possible to teleport also individual tracks. I use FXT mostly on groups and output.
In Cubase 4 you could use a VST System Link but you needed two Cubase licencies for it, but nowadays there seems to be a new system, V-STack, but I don't know anything about it.
Vando
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby JDrums » Fri May 28, 2010 8:55 pm

chagalj wrote:Can someone explain how to setup a Nebula dedicated server, or if someone tried it over FX teleport? I have another PC which Im thinking to add to my studio setup and dont really know if its possible.

It seems that makers of FX Teleport have pretty much disappeared. At least if you check their forum, that seems to be the case.

I have been using Nebula in two machines with Wormhole2, which is open-source SW. Works well with Cubase as main host. I use networking basically just for FX Channels and run reverbs and delays in networked machine.

Br,
J-Drums
JDrums
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby giancarlo » Sat May 29, 2010 9:52 am

we are betatesting nebula localserver (interprocess communication) and nebula server solution right now. At the moment it's a small beta-testing group, a selection of the beta-tester group.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby chagalj » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:10 am

giancarlo wrote:we are betatesting nebula localserver (interprocess communication) and nebula server solution right now. At the moment it's a small beta-testing group, a selection of the beta-tester group.

Giancarlo, is it possible to join beat testers? Im putting a second PC in network this week, and Id like to try it.
chagalj
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby himhui » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:56 am

I would like to participate as well

!!
97v4 /Win7 x64 /64G ram /Nvidia Quadro K620
Reaper 5.28 /X-Touch
Prism Orpheus /RME Babyface Pro
himhui
Expert