Login

VST plugin - CLeq User interface Alpha testers wanted

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: VST plugin - CLeq User interface Alpha testers wanted

Postby grisman » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:55 am

Hey!

So ive been fiddling with the 32 bit stuff. And ive gotten it to work at my computers. As i understand it the 32bit version is called "nebula3 reverb.dll" right? so this plug in is looking for that as an external and not the 64 bit CoreII which means that if your plug is not called "nebula3 reverb.dll" - rename it to this.

THE LINK IS ON THE FIRST PAGE

Would be fun if someone with other 32bit versions could try this out as well cos i think it should work with all versions. Perhaps even nebula 2.

jelmet wrote:Windows only?

Yes, windows only. Havent got a mac and unfortunately cashflows are quite strained...

fredrikberg wrote:Hi!

No latency problems when loading a new instance. Only when project saved and then reloaded.

Another thing. This maybe little offtopic. But is it possible to make a "empty" shell where a user could make an own unique channelstrip with his/her favourite libraries. I know I can save channels in cubase but its tempting to be able to control everything from one Gui.
Just a thought.

Great work Jocke.

Best regards
Fredik Berg

This idea with the empy channelstrip is one of the big goals that would be awsome to reach in this project. Unfortunately i think it will be unreachable in a quite long time since it will require alot of time for developing. We will ofcourse strive towards this.

Ill look a bit more into this latency stuff now as i think i got the 32 bit working.

Cheers, Jocke
grisman
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby mpodrug » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi grisman,
I'm a big fan of your wrapper, however it's crashing my audio engine, especially when the project is already crowded. This happens often when i added one instance of the AlphaEQ, the audio does a big 'pop' then i can see '666' at the peak display. :twisted: Then i have to restart the audio interface. Do you have any idea what it could be?
StudioOne 2.06 64 bit on PC
mpodrug
User Level X
User Level X

Postby grisman » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:31 pm

mpodrug wrote:Hi grisman,
I'm a big fan of your wrapper, however it's crashing my audio engine, especially when the project is already crowded. This happens often when i added one instance of the AlphaEQ, the audio does a big 'pop' then i can see '666' at the peak display. :twisted: Then i have to restart the audio interface. Do you have any idea what it could be?
StudioOne 2.06 64 bit on PC

The reason for this could be several things. I will remake the whole thing and throw away the things that didnt seem to get much interest anyway. Ill scrap the spectrum and drive button and well see if we can get this thing working properly with the latency issues.

This happens when you add a new instance to a crowded project? Never breaks down if loading an old one?

Sounds a bit scary with the 666 thing.. You recording blackmetal or something?

Cheers, Jocke
grisman
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby mpodrug » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:58 pm

Nope, it only breaks when loading a new AlphaEQ, loading the whole project from scratch won't do that.

grisman wrote:

Cheers, Jocke

I actually make some christian music. :lol:
mpodrug
User Level X
User Level X

Postby SWAN » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:57 pm

Grisman - did you consider talking business with Alex B? It might be a good way to expand and manage your plugin via an already set up operation....his other programs might lend very well to skins...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby grisman » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:52 pm

mpodrug wrote:Nope, it only breaks when loading a new AlphaEQ, loading the whole project from scratch won't do that.

grisman wrote:

Cheers, Jocke

I actually make some christian music. :lol:

haha! Oh man this is strange.. im doing some stuff right now, dont know if it tackles this problem. but ill post something tonight.

SWAN wrote:Grisman - did you consider talking business with Alex B? It might be a good way to expand and manage your plugin via an already set up operation....his other programs might lend very well to skins...

Well ive asked him if it was ok to make this wrapper and he said it was. But this kind of thing could translate to something better if it was incorporated in other ways. If ill get to the point that i am confident that usability will be good then i'll ask him if he is interrested in doing something.

The big question is what kind of compromises are users willing to make in order to reduce cpu load and lower latency?

If this is not possible, how can we make nebula work in mixing situations anyway even if latency i high?

What kind of visualization can be of aid?

be back with another one a bit later.

Cheers, Jocke
grisman
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby RJHollins » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:05 pm

Hi grisman,

just a quite moment, wanted to report back that your latest 32bit version WORKS !! :shock: :D 8-)

I need to test more, but I ran it in Reaper32 on a XP-Pro [32] system. Loaded up and worked !

Really like the 'FAB' eq adjustment idea ... the only first issue ... the GUI knobs and numbers and the font are way to hard to see. This is cosmetic at this earlier point ... understood.

Just wanted to quickly let you know the early 32 bit success :D
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby grisman » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:46 pm

RJHollins wrote:Hi grisman,

just a quite moment, wanted to report back that your latest 32bit version WORKS !! :shock: :D 8-)

I need to test more, but I ran it in Reaper32 on a XP-Pro [32] system. Loaded up and worked !

Really like the 'FAB' eq adjustment idea ... the only first issue ... the GUI knobs and numbers and the font are way to hard to see. This is cosmetic at this earlier point ... understood.

Just wanted to quickly let you know the early 32 bit success :D

Nice!
Numbers are fixed. Fonts are removed. Posting a new one a bit later tonight!

Cheers, Jocke
grisman
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby grisman » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:26 am

A new number 6 is up. It has some rearrangements in the interface. And i also started to implement the size changes that was requested. These are not complete unfortunately but they will be in the next one. Its the small off button down to the right.

Some changes in latency issues. I am however unsure if this fixes the issues stated here.

Try it out!

Cheers, Jocke
grisman
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby mpodrug » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:55 am

Thank you very much grisman for your hard work and for responding to all my reports!

Now the big good news first,
Latency compensation works perfectly now! YAY YAY!! All tracks play in sync now, even with different ammount of EQband instances. Sometimes the bug still appears, for example, when you load the project, but it's easy to fix just by turning the plugin off and on again.

However that 666 audio engine crash bug is still there.
I forgot to mention one thing though, maybe it's an issue between StudioOne and Nebula Server.
When i drop nebula server instances to the tracks one after another, after 5-6 instances it would do something similar. So my workaround was to create an FX Channel with my Nebula plugs, call it NEBULA RACK, than drop them from there to the tracks, and not from the plugin browser. It seems to work.
Now i tried to do the same to CleQ, but it still crashes the engine. It crashes so bad, i have to restart the DAW. :(
I don't know if that information could help you. I hope there's still a fix for that.

edit: Found a workaround. I dropped a CLeQ on that FX Channel NEBULA RACK, keep it at 'algo mode', then drop it to the desired channel, and turn Low, Med, or High when needed. It doesn't crash anymore! Great.

As for the GUI, you've done a great job man! Don't worry too much about the look, we nebula users are freaks anyway, we don't care much about shinny GUIs :lol:
Just wait till one of the talented skin makers comes to help you.
added: btw, hiding the curve and analyzer also works, thanks for that. Just a little bug, turning that section off works, but to turn it on again, you have to click twice.

Thanks again.
mpodrug
User Level X
User Level X

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula