Login

VST plugin - CLeq User interface Alpha testers wanted

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: VST plugin - CLeq User interface Alpha testers wanted

Postby mpodrug » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:38 pm

I personally don't really like to work with EQs like Pro-Q, because the visual effect often fools me. I want to trust my ears more.
Your recent GUI is perfect IMO, when you could make the delay report work with my DAW work somehow, it's perfect with me.
mpodrug
User Level X
User Level X

Postby maniak » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:09 pm

grisman wrote:Im thinking of dropping the interface alltogether and go for something more like the Pro-Q interface. Would this be a good or bad move?

I kinda like that way of working better. And especially when the latency is high i like to get all the information available visually.

I think about the interface, you need the knobs a little larger as the values. And instead of continuing to expand sideways, expand down with some reference like this...

maniak
User Level X
User Level X

Postby grisman » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:17 pm

I agree that knobs and text is too small. This will be adressed. I am putting in another thing right now. Be back tonight with a new version. Cheers!
grisman
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby grisman » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:14 pm

This is the latest one:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23113673/CLeqAlpha4.zip

It looks like this:

Check it out. I think we maybe have enough of stuff in there "feature wise" now? Probably time for grand optimizations, UI and a *big* bug hunt!

Cheers, Jocke
grisman
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby mpodrug » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:46 pm

:shock: You are a crazy man! Beast mode on, huh? :D
It's all working here. You just need the orientation background table for that curve, and maybe different colors for the filters dots or maybe even better match the colours of the knobs and the dots and you'll be good.
Maybe it's too much to be asked, if you're able make it that curve section to be hideable, it'd be world class.

Is it StudioOne's fault about the PDC issue, is there workaround for it?
mpodrug
User Level X
User Level X

Postby grisman » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:35 pm

mpodrug wrote::shock: You are a crazy man! Beast mode on, huh? :D
It's all working here. You just need the orientation background table for that curve, and maybe different colors for the filters dots or maybe even better match the colours of the knobs and the dots and you'll be good.
Maybe it's too much to be asked, if you're able make it that curve section to be hideable, it'd be world class.

Is it StudioOne's fault about the PDC issue, is there workaround for it?

Ill check into some orientation stuff and blingy bling things. No problemo in hiding the Sci fi things. Get to that as well.

Im not sure as to the pdc thing. Is it possible to see what pdc a plugins got in studio one? and if you turn something off does it change?

Cheers, Jocke
grisman
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby maniak » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:18 am

Wow, I liked what you did with the analyzer ... :)
You talked about that maybe is too much now with the entire new feature and you're right. Using the "Windows Paint" I made some modifications that make me even easier to see and handle. (Yes, I know it looks a little cheesy :oops: but I think you get the idea) :D

The colors of the knobs Drive, In and Out can be another color, maybe white? and the values a bit larger so you can understand better.
Attachments
aaaa.PNG
aaaa.PNG (219.33 KiB) Viewed 1273 times
maniak
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Andrums » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:24 pm

Please make latest Alfa for win32
I am using Protools via Fxpansion adapter
Andrums

Postby mpodrug » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:42 pm

grisman wrote:
Im not sure as to the pdc thing. Is it possible to see what pdc a plugins got in studio one? and if you turn something off does it change?

Yes you can see what pdc it has. And it actually changes, when you turn something off. But when i turn on instance off it plays bit earlier and unsynced.

Oh, and i prefer the big knobs for the in and out gain btw.
mpodrug
User Level X
User Level X

Postby fredrikberg » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:06 pm

Thank you for a great plugin. I could see whole channelstrips in the future, S*L, A*I, N**e etc. With the possibility to turn on/off individual elements.

I use Cubase 5.5 64 bit and when I load a session with the plugin engaged I have to turn it off and then on again otherwise the track is out of sync.

Regards

Fredrik Berg
fredrikberg
User Level III
User Level III

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula