Login

VST plugin - CLeq User interface Alpha testers wanted

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: VST plugin - CLeq User interface Alpha testers wanted

Postby SWAN » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:29 pm

I just wonder if it might be worth having a lite version of this plugin...to have all 7 filters in there - for some more basic duties you could probably have a smaller one...maybe high shelf, low shelf and 2 parametric mids?
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby david1103 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:30 pm

i was also wondering if any of the bands are 'clean' versions, ie no distortion kernals?

maybe it would be cool that the 1st has distortion and the rest are clean? would save cpu too.
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby mpodrug » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:55 am

david1103 wrote:i was also wondering if any of the bands are 'clean' versions, ie no distortion kernals?

maybe it would be cool that the 1st has distortion and the rest are clean? would save cpu too.

Exactly my thoughts.

Well, i just got my CleQ library and tried it right away with the second version of your GUI.
It works! I'm on PC, StudioOne 64 bit, with nebula server version.
The only thing that doesn't work at all is the output gain knob. When it gets fixed, plus an input gain knob, and maybe some orientation numbers at the VU and Freq knob, it would be killer! It is already amazing now.

Switching beetwen low-normal-extreme works also seamlessly, but you have to wait about 3-4 sec.
I don't know how to thank you. This makes a complete new nebula EQ experience.
mpodrug
User Level X
User Level X

Postby maniak » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:03 am

I love this idea. It is my dream comes true. But I'm testing the second version (Cleq) and everything works except the “Low” setting. In the "Low" I don’t heard nothing but the VU meter moves.I’m using Reaper X64 on Win7 X64

Thank You for this man!
maniak
User Level X
User Level X

Postby grisman » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:10 am

david1103 wrote:
you mentioned that you were setting the highest quality export to only 30ms timed kernals SPLIT mode as that was the default timed length for nebula without modding the XML.

i think if you were to get your plugin to export the full timed kernal length in NOT SPLIT MODE it would be much better.

another option your plugin could even be super cool and give a little warning the XML was not modded :) it does only take a moment to do, a little batch file program with your plugin could do it for a user in a moment.

i would hate to see high quality export be anything other than the highest quality it could be (full kernal length in timed), as that is what an offline export mode should be all about :D

Yes the splitH/classic mode for doing rendering is an issue that has to be addressed somehow. I would like it verry much if there was a possibility in nebula to switch it to something like 100ms or 1000ms in TimeD when were doing rendering but i think that the limit is set to max 30ms and 50ms if you have modded. Would be great to find somekind of solution to this. I hope there could be some other solution than the modding way.

SWAN wrote:I just wonder if it might be worth having a lite version of this plugin...to have all 7 filters in there - for some more basic duties you could probably have a smaller one...maybe high shelf, low shelf and 2 parametric mids?

If we put in a On/Off button for each of the instances would that do it?

david1103 wrote:i was also wondering if any of the bands are 'clean' versions, ie no distortion kernals?

All of them are with full distortion kernels right now. But maybe it would be a good idea if the user gets to choose distorted or not for each of the filters?

mpodrug wrote:
david1103 wrote:
Exactly my thoughts.

Well, i just got my CleQ library and tried it right away with the second version of your GUI.
It works! I'm on PC, StudioOne 64 bit, with nebula server version.
The only thing that doesn't work at all is the output gain knob. When it gets fixed, plus an input gain knob, and maybe some orientation numbers at the VU and Freq knob, it would be killer! It is already amazing now.

Switching beetwen low-normal-extreme works also seamlessly, but you have to wait about 3-4 sec.
I don't know how to thank you. This makes a complete new nebula EQ experience.

This sounds nice!
However, the out gain knob is not an out gain knob - this knob increases the "Drive" on each of the nebula instances simultaneous. But ive noted the in and out gain knob and that will be added ASAP.
Ill check up on the Orientation issue as well.

The issue on having to wait between switching modes is one that cannot be adressed im afraid since changing modes mean having to reload everything - the same when switching sample rates - everything gets reloaded.

Except for the "LOW" mode that currently doesnt use nebula at all.
maniak wrote: In the "Low" I don’t heard nothing but the VU meter moves.I’m using Reaper X64 on Win7 X64
[/quote][/quote]
Yeah i thought this was a great way of optimizing the CPU load, no processing at all :D .. No im joking, something probably went wrong in the Algorithm that made it crack up. Its been doing that on me also for some reason. if you save the project and reopen the project does the low mode work in the reloaded one?

Thanks for thoughts and input from everyone!

Cheers, Jocke
grisman
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby grisman » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:51 am

A bit of fiddling, some new stuff.. some working a bit better. A couple of gain knobs.

Check it at:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23113673/CLeqAlpha2.zip

Cheers, Jocke
grisman
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby RJHollins » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:41 am

I'm sure many request will follow ... the big one for me ...

any possibility that a 32 bit version would be developed ???

thanks!
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby faxesystem » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:13 pm

Are you also planning a version for MacOS?
faxesystem
User Level III
User Level III

Postby SWAN » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:39 pm

grisman wrote:If we put in a On/Off button for each of the instances would that do it?

Cheers, Jocke

the problem with this is if it loads all bands on opening - when you turn off the bands - the sequencer may still maintain the total latency of all bands...I am pretty sure Ableton will do this. In Ableton when you bypass an instance of Nebula - it holds onto the latency...

But if there is a way around this - it would be very cool to be able to only switch on bands used...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby grisman » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:23 pm

RJHollins wrote:I'm sure many request will follow ... the big one for me ...

any possibility that a 32 bit version would be developed ???

thanks!

As im am unsure of what the Nebula coreII 32 bit file is called you would have to make a copy that is called "Nebula3CoreII64 Reverb.dll".

Havent accually tried this one, but it would be great if you could try it out.
The 32 bit version:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23113673/CLeqAlpha2x86.zip

SWAN wrote:
grisman wrote:If we put in a On/Off button for each of the instances would that do it?

Cheers, Jocke

the problem with this is if it loads all bands on opening - when you turn off the bands - the sequencer may still maintain the total latency of all bands...I am pretty sure Ableton will do this. In Ableton when you bypass an instance of Nebula - it holds onto the latency...

But if there is a way around this - it would be very cool to be able to only switch on bands used...

The latency can be changed, but it is probably some difference between hosts in how its implementet. Ill try it tonight and get something up later.

Btw, are there any ppl in here that posseses the power to draw and make up some kind of user interface? would be sweet to get this plugin lookin' a bit better.

Cheers, Jocke
grisman
User Level IV
User Level IV

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula