Login

VST plugin - CLeq User interface Alpha testers wanted

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: VST plugin - CLeq User interface Alpha testers wanted

Postby giancarlo » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:28 pm

grisman wrote:
giancarlo wrote:awesome!!!
tell me if you need our c++ library in order to build a better wrapper....

Hey man. Im really intrested in the library ofcourse, tried to pm you but it didnt work for some reason. Where do i find it?

Cheers, Jocke

I'll be on vacation soon, it's better if you wait I'm back, round the end of august.
My email address is giancarlo@acusticaudio.com
Our c++ library is much like nebula, but you could link it directly. It exposes internally all variables used by nebula. For a free product we don't ask anything back for sure. For a commercial product/release (commercial for you) we could agree in some way, it could be even free, we check case by case!

In your case you could even join alexb (on an other 3rd party developer) in some way and release something togheter, it could be an interesting challenge.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby babiuk » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:29 am

Thanks for starting this line of development, it will give us an amazing new nebula dimension.
I hope I live to see it, :)

I'm 32 bits so I cannot help in this, anyway please let us know if you do a 32 version.
Do you think this tool will be posible for all eqs?

Thanks and good luck in your work!
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby grisman » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:22 pm

babiuk wrote:Thanks for starting this line of development, it will give us an amazing new nebula dimension.
I hope I live to see it, :)

I'm 32 bits so I cannot help in this, anyway please let us know if you do a 32 version.
Do you think this tool will be posible for all eqs?

Thanks and good luck in your work!

The overall ambition is to create somekind of solution to the issues surrounding nebulas cpu load and to try and improve usability for non-technical guys.

I hope to make this kind of thing work with all presets but i cant say right now if that is possible.

Im working some with the CLeq as we speak and i am trying out some different things to minimize cpu load.

About the 32 bit issue. If you are running Reaper this will not be an issue since it has a built in wrapper that handles this. I am not sure how this works with other DAWs.

You do however need to have the 64bit version of nebula coreII right now. This will probably change in the future i suspect.

If you run Reamote in reaper i added some stuff the other day which makes the plug run quite smoothly.

Ill be back with something soon.

Cheers, Jocke
grisman
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby ericus » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:46 pm

First impressions:

Wow! I love the functionality, it's amazing to have all those bands in one channel strip and not having to turn off the "Analog button"... ;-)

The Low-Normal-Extreme settings are a great idea too.

I think your plug is a winner... :mrgreen:
ericus

Postby ericus » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:03 pm

Just noticed what seems to be some kind of memory leak...the memory in my Reaper 64 bits (win7 64bits) slowly goes up when the plug is activated. On bypass, the memory stays the same.
ericus

Postby babiuk » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:18 pm

Thanks for the advice , I use Reaper but I didnt know about 64 bits matter you told, I'll try it but I have to get nebula64, It's available for neb32 coreII 32 customers?

I'll look about Reamote cos I dont know what it is. Anyway I dont own CL eq so I'll wait till you do it for other eq like cooltec, drfear, mammoth...

Thanks again for developing all bands in a gui, it's a dream for me.
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby grisman » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:26 pm

ericus wrote:First impressions:

Wow! I love the functionality, it's amazing to have all those bands in one channel strip and not having to turn off the "Analog button"... ;-)

The Low-Normal-Extreme settings are a great idea too.

I think your plug is a winner... :mrgreen:

Great!
About the settings that is in the alpha, these are pretty poorly setup since ive set the kernels far to short so if you use it in normal and render in "extreme" the bass will be gone.. This is fixed in the next one.

ericus wrote:Just noticed what seems to be some kind of memory leak...the memory in my Reaper 64 bits (win7 64bits) slowly goes up when the plug is activated. On bypass, the memory stays the same.

This will be fixed. Ive been going forward a bit too fast and have probably forgot to clean up some stuff.

I am thinking that we should have some kind of plugin with some preamps, tape stuff and gain stages. I dont really know what kind of combination could be considered as a nice standard thingy to just put on to a channel.

cheers, Jocke
grisman
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby grisman » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:33 pm

babiuk wrote:Thanks for the advice , I use Reaper but I didnt know about 64 bits matter you told, I'll try it but I have to get nebula64, It's available for neb32 coreII 32 customers?

I'll look about Reamote cos I dont know what it is. Anyway I dont own CL eq so I'll wait till you do it for other eq like cooltec, drfear, mammoth...

Thanks again for developing all bands in a gui, it's a dream for me.

I heard the mammoth is some kind of special eq?

Whats dr fear?

I think that if you have the Nebula Pro (Core II) you get the 64 bit version too. You just have to download it.
You might as well start to use Reaper x64 as well since it runs all 32 bits plugs without hassle. And if you got lots of RAM - x64 will let you use it. Just tell Reaper to run all plugins embeded UI and youre good to go. (To do this you bring up the plugin chooser and mark every plugin and bring up the right button menu).
grisman
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby mpodrug » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:49 pm

Mammoth and Doc Fear are EQ libraries from Analoginthebox.
Most of nebula users have them, since they are very affordable and sound NICE.
http://www.analoginthebox.com/

I'm thinking about getting CLeQ just because of this.
Some questions:
Since there are no numbers on the VU-meter, how can one read it? Where's the -18dbfs level? I assume you will add the numbers in later versions.

And where can one adjust input and output level, because i only recognize one big gain knob?

This is very exciting development indeed. Especially the render and realtime buttons are genius.
Did anyone try it with StudioOne yet? Oh, and does it work with nebula server, which also has the same dll name- "Nebula3CoreII64 Reverb.dll" ?

Plenty of questions...
mpodrug
User Level X
User Level X

Postby SWAN » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:09 am

grisman wrote:I am thinking that we should have some kind of plugin with some preamps, tape stuff and gain stages. I dont really know what kind of combination could be considered as a nice standard thingy to just put on to a channel.

cheers, Jocke

would be great to have a pre-amp/console -> tape -> tapebooster+ plugin...and perhaps something similar for tubebooster?

perhaps also another EQ... :D ...

this is a very cool development...can I ask - how is this plugin implementing different 'quality' settings at realtime and render? is it latency or Nebula engine settings?
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula