Login

Different quality levels

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Different quality levels

Postby grisman » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:24 pm

Quality is just like music, sound or all kinds of arts - a subjective matter just as you guys said.

But what im trying to do with this plugin is just wrapping nebula and picking out the knobs i need on one "board" and in this i have a good idea of what i need.

However - ive seen that there has been talks around the forum of some different settings and also settings that is unreachable through todays cpus. If we find that these settings are great - how will we be able to use them? Maybe we could develop some usability solution that makes us get there.. Gotta start somewhere right?

Anyway. The Normal mode is the standard settings for each filter as provided by AlexB. The Low mode is FREQD 10ms and the Extreme is Timed 10ms on clean, odd, even. I just found out that this can be raised to 30 in the neb-settings page so i guess this could be implemented without modding and stuff.

Maybe Extreme should be called Experimental so we dont confuse that the sound automatically getting better quality-wise.

Cheers, Jocke
grisman
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby enriquesilveti » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:30 am

Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby david1103 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:04 pm

Extreme is Timed 10ms on clean, odd, even. I just found out that this can be raised to 30 in the neb-settings page so i guess this could be implemented without modding and stuff.

i run TIMED kernal lengths as the exact same length as the FREQD was. 10ms is low quality rather than extreme! just take the XML setting up to 50ms and you will be good to go.

also, running odd and even on TIMED triggers a bug. you need to only run one or the other on TIMED.

quality is subjective, but if the vast majority of people agree then its as close to a fact as we can get.

does anyone find TIMED inferior to FREQD? the software creator has publicly stated its technically superior. is there any reason not to use it but CPU cost? (that will go away in the future with a new pc)
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby grisman » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:56 pm

david1103 wrote:
Extreme is Timed 10ms on clean, odd, even. I just found out that this can be raised to 30 in the neb-settings page so i guess this could be implemented without modding and stuff.

i run TIMED kernal lengths as the exact same length as the FREQD was. 10ms is low quality rather than extreme! just take the XML setting up to 50ms and you will be good to go.

also, running odd and even on TIMED triggers a bug. you need to only run one or the other on TIMED.

quality is subjective, but if the vast majority of people agree then its as close to a fact as we can get.

does anyone find TIMED inferior to FREQD? the software creator has publicly stated its technically superior. is there any reason not to use it but CPU cost? (that will go away in the future with a new pc)

Alright. So you agree that maxing the Timed is a great way to go. Ill set it to 30ms. But not higher because i dont think everyone mods their XML files and i want the plugin to be compatible for everyone that uses nebula.

I think its time to open a post on this in another department in the forum since it should be dealing with the plugin.

Btw theres another plugin on the way also. Ill post pics on that on the new topic.

Cheers and thanks to everyone for the tips and help, Jocke
grisman
User Level IV
User Level IV

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula