Login

Different quality levels

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Different quality levels

Postby grisman » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:58 pm

So. Im back again.

This time ive decided to share the stuff with you guys. I got this Alpha version going on so if you dare to try it out - please do. I am however not responsible for any kind of trouble it might get you into whether its your computer crashing or if its due to neglecting your family because youre sitting up all night EQ'n stuff.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23113673/NebEQHostAlpha.zip

You need to have Nebula CoreII64 installed and setup for action. You also need to have the CLC eq from AlexB working in your nebula instance.

To run the plugin, just drop it in the SAME folder as the nebula vst dll and load it up in your host. I have only tried it on Reaper but i hope it works with others as well.

Beware - THIS IS A ALPHA VERSION. Dont expect it to be "all that".

Havent checked it for virus so please do that as well if you feel uncertain.

I hope we can get some discussion and maybe some future ideas surrounding this and maybe the could be developed into something really useful.

I dont know if linking programs is ok with the forum, but if it isnt - please remove this post or let me know so i can remove it myself.

Cheers, Jocke
grisman
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby grisman » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:15 pm

I forgot one thing.

To use the RENDER mode you have to tell your host to tell the plugin when RENDERING.

In Reaper this is done in the Preferences/Plug-Ins/VST/
turn on "Inform plug-ins of offline rendering state".
grisman
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby richie43 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:47 pm

I am a Reaper user (64bit) and your dll does not show up in Reaper at all. I have all 64bit plugins, including Nebula, and am not a computer newb. I put your dll in the same folder as my Nebula dll's, and even did the "clear cache and rescan" for the vst's, but it does not appear. Am I missing something?
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby grisman » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:58 pm

richie43 wrote:I am a Reaper user (64bit) and your dll does not show up in Reaper at all. I have all 64bit plugins, including Nebula, and am not a computer newb. I put your dll in the same folder as my Nebula dll's, and even did the "clear cache and rescan" for the vst's, but it does not appear. Am I missing something?

This is really strange. Im running the latest Reaper x64. It should show as "NebEQHost(CrabTekk)(4ch)".

It takes quite some time to load since all kernels has to be loaded.

Anyway, ill look into what could be the reason for this.

Cheers for trying anyway!

/jocke
grisman
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby richie43 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:30 pm

Update.....
Check out screenshot. This is during the clear cache and rescan......
Attachments
Not Working in Reaper.png
Not Working in Reaper.png (66.46 KiB) Viewed 586 times
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby richie43 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:00 am

Is there something specific that needs to happen or be done in Reaper or with Nebula to do this? Just drop your dll into the Nebula dll folder?
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby grisman » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:28 am

richie43 wrote:Is there something specific that needs to happen or be done in Reaper or with Nebula to do this? Just drop your dll into the Nebula dll folder?

I cannot reproduce this bug on any of my computers which is really strange. I even tried making the same paths.

The plugin must be placed in the same directory as
"Nebula3CoreII64 Reverb.dll"

Thats the only external it needs. If it doesnt find this dll file one gets this error as you got on your computer.

Im looking into it. Would be interresting to hear if others have the same issues.

Thanks for trying the plug!

/Jocke
grisman
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby david1103 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:39 pm

may i suggest you make a new thread announcing this plugin as an open alpha/beta test if you feel its ready?

very few people will find it just having "Different quality levels" as the thread title.

i have not been able to test it yet as i don't have the CLC eq. i am hoping it will work with other eq's in the future :D
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby giancarlo » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:31 pm

quality is a parameter with a very bad name. It's not really something about "quality", but it's a sort of boost factor for speedness of prog rate.
Some compressor gurus love it, but you should tune a particular nebula for particular tasks, which is not very straightforward.
The parameter generated a lot of questions, but to be honest it is not so useful. I never used it in my projects. Most of users are using the default setting too.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby richie43 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:44 pm

giancarlo wrote: Most of users are using the default setting too.

Me too about 99% of the time. There ARE measurable differences with some tweaks, but measurable by using frequency spectrum analyzers and such. My ears are very happy with most of the default settings, and ears are what this is all about. And since we are dealing with analog emulation, why would we strive for perfection? It is the analog "imperfections" that we are striving for with Nebula!! lol.
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula