Login

Help me out, please!

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Help me out, please!

Postby odla » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:50 pm

Hello,

My problem: I have Nebula 3 pro installed and also had the Nebula free version. Since I never use the free version (why would I?) I decided to deinstall it, using the supplied de-installer. Now I can't use my pro version anymore! It says that the rom descripter cannot be found (rom.xml)... What should I do? I am in the middle of a session and desperately looking for a solution!

Thanks in advance!

Aldo
odla
User Level I
User Level I

Re: Help me out, please!

Postby Barendse » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:56 pm

Install pro again (?)...
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Arne » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:03 pm

try to put this file inside your /dictionaries dir under the /nebulatemprepository
Attachments
Rom.rar
(2.07 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Arne
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby odla » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:11 pm

Thanks for the quick response guys, its appreciated!
I located a rom.xml file in another folder (named 'Nat'), I copied this into the 'setups' folder. Now I am a few steps further but not yet there: when I open Nebula it says:
Master OK
rom memory OK (rom.xml) >> this is where he stopped before I copied the rom.xml file
Program manager OK
SSE2 supported
Convolution engine OK
Graphics OK
Program #0 not valid

Should I completely reinstal Nebula 3 Pro? And what about my registration when I do that? Will it work, or do I have to send in the .ser file again...

Thanks again,

Aldo
odla
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Arne » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:17 pm

You may have to run your license.exe file if you re-install. If you do an upgrade you are not required to re-run license. Under the nebulatemprepository you should have a nebula3.ser file. Copy it and replace it back in folder if you do a new install. This is your installed serial which is "tied" to your hard drive ID. Therefor do not install on a different drive. Hope this helps.
Arne
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby odla » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:35 pm

Thanks Arne,

I am back in! :P
I reinstalled Nebula and things are working fine.
It seems I do have to reinstall all the libraries that came with Nebula though... But since I only used third party libs until now (and they are OK) it means I can get back to work for now...

Thanks again!

All the best,

Aldo
odla
User Level I
User Level I

Postby odla » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:35 pm

Ah, I also ran the license.exe file and now all is well (the libraries that came with Nebula 3 are back). On he disk page it now shows customer instead of a serie of numbers. Seems I was in demo mode since I upgraded from nebula 3 to Nebula 3 pro :oops:

Thanks for your time, Arne!
odla
User Level I
User Level I

Return to Working with Nebula