Login

need 'beta tester'/helper for LFO stuff (free prog linked)

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

need 'beta tester'/helper for LFO stuff (free prog linked)

Postby Cupwise » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:09 pm

ok! so i think the title pretty much explains what i'm trying to do here. i seem to remember that once, a long while back, i had this feature working with some of the programs that come with Nebula (the Acustica TMV stuff). i'm not 100% sure, and since my HD crashed i lost the acustica libraries so i can't check right away. i'm in the process of trying to grab those again and look at them.

ANYWAY, fast forward to now. i just released a set of tremolos. while working on them, i wanted to include a 2nd copy of all programs/presets, with tempo synch enabled. i think it would be good for those effects to be able to do that. looking in the (outdated) Nebula 3 manual, you can see that you have to go into 'edit' then the 'lfo' page, and the parameter that turns on tempo synch is the one called 'Q'. to turn it on, you just raise the number under that 'Q' column, from -1, to some positive number, for the LFO that you want to tempo synch. this will quantize the timing of the LFO to a note division based on the number you pick. so 1 would be 1 cycle per pattern/bar, 2 would be 2 (i think this is right).

the problem is that after i went through and made all of these extra presets with 'Q' set to '4' for 'LFO1', i noticed that it doesn't work! tempo synch is definitely not working.

i tried all sorts of combinations of things in the LFO page. i kind of don't get how exactly it would work, i would think it would have to disable my 'rate' control, but it doesn't.

anyway, if anyone wants to try to help me figure this out, i'm giving a link here to one of the effects from the set:
http://www.cupwise.com/x.zip
that has both 44.1khz and 96khz versions. i do ask that you only grab it if you want to try to help, but it is the lower kernel option for that effect, i think it's probably one of the least 'colored' out of the set, and i never released a demo for the set, so...

if anyone wants to tinker around with it, be my guest. if anyone figures out how to make it work, i'll give you credit when i release an update to the set with the LFO synch.

-tim
Last edited by Cupwise on Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: need help, trying to figure out tempo synch for LFOs

Postby giancarlo » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:08 pm

just to double check: it's possible your sequencer doesn't send host tempo or starts at a wrong sample rate.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Re: need help, trying to figure out tempo synch for LFOs

Postby Cupwise » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:56 pm

giancarlo wrote:just to double check: it's possible your sequencer doesn't send host tempo or starts at a wrong sample rate.

i don't think that's it, because the tempo shows up fine in nebula's 'midi' page. also i've tried reaper and FLstudio and enrique tried something else (i forget what it was). none work.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Return to Working with Nebula