Login

Nebula reverbs drop out cpu

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Nebula reverbs drop out cpu

Postby enriquesilveti » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:27 am

edbilleaud wrote:I am experiencing this exact same problem. Am on site now looking for a solution, either an upgrade or a downgrade, because 1.3.492 just chokes everything to a halt. Old projects that used to run easily now don't play at all. Acustica, please help.

1. Create a new post with your issue
2. Post your master XML file from the Nebula instance that make the issues.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby edbilleaud » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:18 pm

richie43 wrote:I doubt that there will be any "trouble". I always save my whole install folder before I do an upgrade. I set up a custom install location, so I don't know where yours is located. Default is probably somewhere in your program files. The folder is called "acustica" and it contains all of the dll's and xml files. I also have tweaked my xml to better suit my system specs and needs, so I tend to be paranoid about "upgrades". But I am on a PC, and I assume that you are on Mac...? If so, I am probably not going to be much help :cry: But if things are working better, go with that!!

thanks so much Richie. Yes, I am on a Mac. Also, probably unlike most folks here, I am an old audio engineer without much love for, or knowledge of, computer operations. So, while I do love the sound of Nebula, I am really put off when I have to delve into the "innards" of the computer program. My limitation, I know, but it is what it is.
I have been told in a subsequent post by Enrique to start a new thread with the xml file, etc., but that will take me some time, as I really don't know, and don't even care to know, what that is. I just want the product I purchased to work, and not be disabled when I do a developer-issued "upgrade". I personally don't think that is unreasonable, but I'm sure some will think it is. Thanks again, I truly appreciate your efforts to assist me.
edbilleaud
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby richie43 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:40 pm

I am 46 years old from 25+ years of all analog experience. I reluctantly decided to try digital audio, and until I started using Nebula, my analog ears had never heard any digital audio that had the depth, color, and warmth that my years of analog trained me to love. So I also decided to learn about computers, how they work for audio, and am learning the "innards" of Nebula. Believe me, it's not as hard as you may think, and from my experience, well worth the time. I can do things completely "in the box" that I could only dream of. Things that to do in an analog format would cost me many thousands, be very complicated, and probably just impossible. Think about it, and if you want a little assistance, just post more or even PM me. I had so much help from others that I now know enough to give back now. Let me know, and good luck!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby edbilleaud » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:34 pm

richie43 wrote:I am 46 years old from 25+ years of all analog experience. I reluctantly decided to try digital audio, and until I started using Nebula, my analog ears had never heard any digital audio that had the depth, color, and warmth that my years of analog trained me to love. So I also decided to learn about computers, how they work for audio, and am learning the "innards" of Nebula. Believe me, it's not as hard as you may think, and from my experience, well worth the time. I can do things completely "in the box" that I could only dream of. Things that to do in an analog format would cost me many thousands, be very complicated, and probably just impossible. Think about it, and if you want a little assistance, just post more or even PM me. I had so much help from others that I now know enough to give back now. Let me know, and good luck!

Thank you Richie. My feelings and experience with Nebula are similar to yours, but I am substantially older than even you! So computers are not fun for me, although a welcome tool for a job. Yes, I am thrilled with the sound of nebula, which is exactly why it is SO frustrating when it stops working! At this point I am desperate, and only want to know one thing: can I safely and simply re-install an older version of nebula right over the existing one on my system, without doing anything else, and be back up and running? That, although obviously less than ideal, would at least work for me. Can anyone answer that question directly? Thanks.
edbilleaud
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula