Login

MPC Distorted

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: MPC Distorted

Postby elam » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:50 am

ngarjuna wrote:Haven't seen you on the forums in ages!

That's true!

@ Eric just to be sure, you were talking about the ASQ or the ASR ?
I know the color of this MF ASR10 (a dope beast for what I do) but I have no clue on the ASQ (the sequencer right ?)
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Larrygates » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:25 am

Hey ngarjuna!

I've been rebuilding myself I could say. What's the etymology of your forum name, or at least the country of origin, it always stuck out to me and I never asked you.

And Elam, the ASQ from what little bit I know was in essence just the sequencer section of the orig mpc60 or maybe the 60II roughly the same machine but not entirely. The ASQ may have had more notes or some other addons, but no sound engine at all. Now the ASR10, that thing has a voice to itself. Just regular loop based sampling or some over the top wave-seq (trans-wave) work and the fx are great, esp the wavboy stuff. Great machine. 4000 is tops on my list for sound, followed by a good D/A on a computer.
Larrygates
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby ngarjuna » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:23 pm

Larrygates wrote:Hey ngarjuna!

I've been rebuilding myself I could say. What's the etymology of your forum name, or at least the country of origin, it always stuck out to me and I never asked you.

Right on, nice to see you around.

My forum name is a truncation of Nagarjuna (I've been using it since the days when usernames were largely constrained to 8 characters). Southern India ca. 200 CE. Amongst other interesting philosophical accomplishments he reasoned that (contrary to much of the formal Indian philosophy of his time) not only were sentient beings void of essence, a standard Buddhist tenet, but indeed everything (sunyata - emptiness) lacked underlying "self-ness" or independent existence.

When I was doing my audio degree I got one in religion too (I had a lot of spare time at the University while I was waiting for my studio sessions and what not) and I spent a year really focusing on Nagarjuna-centric topics (his philosophy founded the school of thought that launched Buddhism into China/Japan and, ultimately, the Vajrayana schools of Tibet and Mongolia) before I changed gears to a different tradition/region. But the nick stuck, here I am still using it more than a decade later.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula