Login

r2r processing stereo ok, but only showing signal in right?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

r2r processing stereo ok, but only showing signal in right?

Postby tcandy_89@hotmail.com » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:42 pm

Yeah, interesting one. Running a stereo instance on a stereo track, but only showing signal in the right channel, left side shows some signal but very little. Tried various sources with exactly the same result. Thing is, it is actually processing both sides as it should, its not like the left side is actually down in level at all...

Here is the kicker though, this only happens with the r2r library. Anything other program and the metering behaves as you would expect. Where can I start trying to figure out what is causing this? Thanks, again :oops:
tcandy_89@hotmail.com
User Level II
User Level II

Re: r2r processing stereo ok, but only showing signal in right?

Postby richie43 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:50 pm

This may not be an answer you want, but if it were me, if it sounds good, don't worry. Metering in Nebula is not very accurate anyway, so I rarely even pay attention to it. I always use my DAW meter, or FreeG (free vst meter only) from Sonalkis. I know that you may just be concerned because if something isn't right, then who knows what issues are lurking... but R2R has always been awesome for me, as is everything CDSoundMaster makes, so if the biggest issue is metering and the actual audio is correct, then I would move forward with making music.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby tcandy_89@hotmail.com » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:56 pm

fair point Richie, thanks for the reply. I know what you mean, I would like to get it working properly though. Looking at the PDF of the modelled tape machines and all their variances, I cant remember having anywhere near that many installed. I am a new user, just installed it tonight. I could be wrong, but Im going to go out to the studio and check, maybe I have a corrupted install or something.
tcandy_89@hotmail.com
User Level II
User Level II

Postby tcandy_89@hotmail.com » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:13 pm

All the libraries are there, so all ok on that one. Perplexing why only r2r shows this left/right sode meter anomoly.
tcandy_89@hotmail.com
User Level II
User Level II

Postby TranscendingMusic » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:21 pm

Some of the metering in Nebula is showing Kernel activity. So for example if a preset is created "in mono" it may not show kernel activity for one channel but the actual processing is forced stereo in the end anyway with a stereo output. It's not really a problem. ANd richie is right, R2R kicks ass.
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby tcandy_89@hotmail.com » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:27 pm

Ahhh ok. So all r2r (the ones I have tried so far anyway) were all done mono? If Im right, then others must be experiencing the same thing I am. I am running r2r on stereo tracks/busses only so far..
tcandy_89@hotmail.com
User Level II
User Level II

Postby TranscendingMusic » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:33 pm

Yea, I can double check that too for you as soon as I get back, later this afternoon
mixing | mastering
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby tcandy_89@hotmail.com » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:28 pm

thanks bob ,that would be good.
tcandy_89@hotmail.com
User Level II
User Level II

Postby TranscendingMusic » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:23 pm

I meant to ask you, describe exactly what is going on and where. Also, which skin are you using?
mixing | mastering
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby tcandy_89@hotmail.com » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:44 am

ok, I am using the "smalldesk" I think its called by Ngarjuna, apologies on the speeling, not sure on that.

I did switch back to the stock skin thinking this maybe the problem, but again, no meter activity (or extremely minimal activity) on the left channel. This is just using the r2r library, everything else works the meters in stereo on a stereo track as you would expect.

I am using PT LE8.

To reiterate, it sounds like its working fine, as far as levels in the left and right channels go. I am also using tapebooster+ after r2r, and this shows correct levels in the left and right channels no problem. So, it seems I cant pin it down to a skin problem, nor can it be PT as with other libraries and Tape booster it works as you would expect.

As Ritchie said, well if it sounds fine, dont worry...but its disconcerting and Id like to find out why and fix it if possible. :)
tcandy_89@hotmail.com
User Level II
User Level II

Next

Return to Working with Nebula